Ark 3 - The truth is sometimes hard to bear

The person still holding the bag full of equipment dropps it onto the ground and tripps over it in his haste to get as far away from the corpse as possible, Nian Zhei starts yelling at everyone to get a hold of themselves and fall into formation which no one seems to pay any attention to and two of the older girls rush over to the dead woman and start crying over her body. All in all it is a very loud and chaotic scene.

"QUIET, NOW!!"

Suddenly a booming voice could be heard above the screams and frantic running of the humans present and everybody stopped dead in their tracks. Slowly they turned their head towards Zhao Yang who was looking at them with a very unamused expression. Shu Ning shortly glanced in the Man's direction as well before he bend down to pick up the discarded bag and place it back into Hu Jin's awaiting arms. 

"Now that everyone has finally quieted down you should notice that we have a visitor."

Zhao Yang raised his hand and pointed towards the entrance of the lab where the dead woman was still lying on the ground. Above her two more females lay pale and lifeless on her open chest and a dark shadow crouched behind the pile of corpses making Nian Zhei curse with recognition.

"Fucking hell. Is that a Level three?"

"I would think so. Intelligent eyes, fast movements, no noticeable injuries. That's not a normal zombie."

Shu Ning stepped up to Nian Zhei and surveyed the scene. The undead was still patiently waiting where he sat but no one could know how long it would stay that way. They needed to come up with a plan, and fast, if they wanted to leave this room alive.

"All right. Nian Zhei use your fire ability to get that thing away from the door. Afterwards Xu Dan and Hu Jin will lead the injured people out of here where Xu Dan is going to heal them. Everyone who can still fight will stay here with us and take care of the undead. Zhao Yang, we will need you to fight in the front and lead us on and everyone else will form a half circle around me as I will need to concentrate on my shields. Understood?"

"Yes, s.."

With an impatient roar the creature jumped up from it's crouch, the lab coat billowing around him and leaped over the pile of corpses towards their direction. In no time the undead breached the distance and swung it's claws at Xu Dan who had frozen in fear. With tears in his eyes the boy cried out in panic and just when the sharp nails descended onto him he jumped to the side to avert the blow. With an earpiercing sound the claws scraped over the floor like fingernails over a chalc board making everyone cringe in pain.

The zombie whirled his head around and pounced onto Xu Dan again. This time though the humans weren't as startled by it's speed anymore. A young man stepped right up to the undeads swinging limbs and lifted his wooden bat to deftect it's attacks. 

"Go now. Take the injured out of here."

With a crunch a deep crack appeared in the man's club and a second later the weapon broke down completely. Muttering profanities at the grinning undead he threw away the now useless wood and instead pulled out a butter knife from his pocket. The rest of the humans quickly got out their weapons as well and started forming a circle around the creature. 

Just when Nian Zhei got ready to join the fight with his fire balls the zombie jumped again. This time it bypassed the offending human completely and dove at Xu Dan again, as if it wanted to eradicate the weakest member of their group first. The butter knife fell out of the Man's hand as he got thrown off balance and just as he was about to grab at the undead's hair to pull it back another hand quickly grabbed the hem of his shirt and pulled him infront of the creatures gaping jaw.

Shu Ning who saw Xu Dan reach out to his fellow human with a strange expression in his eyes saw it comming and quickly erected a transparent wall between the enemy and the surprised gentleman. Those sharp teeth collided with the barrier and before the zombie could pull back to attack again a purple clad hand grabbed at it's neck.