Chapter 7

A/N sorry it took me so long to update been very busy with work and moving to a new house, but I promise this is worth it. Also, if anyone would like to contribute anything, ideas, images, gifs, face claims it would be totally welcome and really appreciated you guys keep me motivated.

It had been a few months since Edward had broken up with Bella. Despite what his family wanted he was waiting to tell Ellie what they were, afraid she would run. Alice told him this was ridiculous she never questioned any of their oddities, even covered for them with other humans. Plus, with how attached they had all become the sooner she was one of them the better in their eyes. Edward could barely stand to be away from her, every second they weren't touching his skin felt tight and his body became on edge. He made contact every chance he got, casually brushing against her, sitting closer than perhaps normal and frequently throwing his arm around her shoulders, although the latter was also a way for him to mark his territory from those that might covert what was his. Ellie was completely oblivious, she thought of the Cullens as her family despite their vampirism, she loved them all but didn't understand that her feelings for Edward were different to the rest, he made her giddy, every time she saw him it was like the moment she was rescued from HDYRA such pure joy but she was still too naive to see this as anything more than friendship. The other Cullens were becoming frustrated that neither would make a move.

Bella was infuriated that this new nobody had taken her place and fitted in so much better than she ever had. She had contacted all the Cullens obsessively to the point where Alice began warning them throughout the day so they could avoid her. She was searching every avenue in an attempt to get what she wanted and had no plans to give up any time soon.

It was lunch period a few days into December and the Cullens were all sat with their untouched food waiting for Ellie to arrive. Edward was the first to sense her coming, always so aware of her it was like she was the sun and he was drawn to her. She bounded up to the table white hair flowing wild behind her. Her eyes lit up when she saw them and quickly took her seat between Edward and Jasper, placed there as each needed to be close to her for different reasons: while her proximity kept Edward relaxed knowing she was safe and his, her scent kept Jasper sedated.

"Can you believe it's almost Christmas, I can't wait." She squealed as she took her seat, Edward swiftly placing his arm on the back of her chair.

"God, you really love Christmas, we're barely in December." Emmett laughed at her, but she just brushed off his teasing.

"Of course, I don't really talk about it but I didn't exactly have the most...pleasant of childhoods, but then five years ago I was saved and taken away from the people who raised me, it was in early December and the people who saved me let me come to their Christmas celebration and it was like nothing I'd ever experienced, so much joy and love, it was everything I thought the world could be." She rambled remembering her first experience of true kindness when she was sixteen for the first time, she was lost in her memories and said more than she meant to. When she finally looked at the rest of the table their eyes were all on her questioning.

"We, er, didn't know that." Alice says quietly. Ellie shakes her head and smiles.

"Like I said it's not something I really talk about." She says looking down as she begins to eat her lunch.

"You know, you can trust us. If you ever need to talk." Rose said leaning across and placing her hand over Ellies comfortingly. Pale blue meets golden and the two girls share a smile.

Edward couldn't stop thinking about what she had said even after they moved on the conversation. He wanted to know who had hurt his mate and he would make them pay. He tightened his grip on her shoulder slightly not noticing that any normal human would be hurt by the pressure while she didn't even notice.