Chapter 1

Avengers Tower

"Ellie, sweetie, are you sure you're going to be ok? You've never been alone before? Are you sure you don't want one of us to come with you? Just for a few weeks. Help you settle in." Natasha questions fussing over Ellie while she packs her bags that are laying around the first home she'd ever known. Ellie just shakes her head with a laugh while folding up the last of her clothes.

"Nat I'll be fine, I can get through anything. Besides if I'm supposed to live forever I need to start looking after myself at some point." She replies grinning. Nat just gives her a sad look.

"Are you sure you want to drive it'll take like 4 days? I'm sure Tony would be happy for you to use the jet." Nat asks desperate to look after the young girl she and the other avengers had taken under their wing.

"No thanks, I'm actually excited I can't wait to see more of America." Ellie said with a grin. When they'd finished packing up all her things, Ellie grabbed her main bag to take in the car while Tony would take care of the rest. The avengers were all sat out in the living room ready to see Ellie off. She went around and said goodbye to each individually.

Tony was the first to grab her in a hug "Kid are you sure about this? Why on earth would you want to leave us?" He said trying to mask how hurt he was by her leaving.

"Are you kidding of course I don't want to leave you, but this is my chance at something normal." Ellie replied desperately trying not to cry. She moved on to Steve, he was her father figure and would be one of the hardest goodbyes.

"Nora I know why you need to do this but call us for anything you need, we'll always be there for you." Steve said pulling her into a bone-crushing hug. She let a few tears fall before wiping her eyes, saying her last goodbyes, picking up her bags and moving down to the garage that held the car Tony bought her. The avengers had sorted out everything she had a house waiting for her and was enrolled in the local high school. She'd be starting the following Monday.

And so Ellie said a temporary goodbye from the only family she had ever know. They rescued her from HYDRA five years ago, they'd taught her everything she needed to know and now she was leaving. But she could not be more excited to start a real, normal life.