Part 4: The Mental Cube

I stood there right next to Atago as gunfire rang through the air.

Jacob: I'm not so sure now. I think I might have to get involved.

Takao: And why is that?

Jacob: I don't know. I just...feel this sensation. It's calling me.

Takao: What are you talking about?

Jacob: I don't know, but I need to find whatever is causing this sensation.

Zuikaku: Azur Lane is here.

Jacob: *thoughts* Looks like I'm heading back to Azur Lane then.

I looked out past the Siren ships and saw an Azur Lane fleet approaching. I turned back towards the island as many different thoughts ran through my head.

Jacob: I'm gonna find whatever is making me feel like this.

Atago: But how are you going to get to the island?

Jacob: I don't know. Last time I was able to stay on top the water, so let's see if I can do it again.

I walked to the side of the ship near Takao and jumped off. I was falling towards the water and when I hit, I fell straight through. I started swimming up and I breached the surface.

Takao: What are you going to do now?

Jacob: I'll just swim for it I guess.

Takao: You're joking right?

Jacob: Nope. *Starts swimming towards the island, but stops* I'm sure we'll meet again Takao, but I have to check this out. *Starts swimming towards island again*

After a good couple minutes of swimming, I finally made it to the ship. I found some metal bars sticking out of the ship, the ones that are used for climbing. It comes out the ship a little then goes across a bit and then back into the ship. I made it onto the deck and there were a bunch of planes lining the sides. I looked towards the front of the ship and saw two people standing there so I started walking in their direction. I eventually walked up behind them and waited as they looked out towards the island.

???: You're very calm.

???: Am I?

???: Well you don't seem to be worried. Aren't those your friends out there?

???: Yes. We all work together as maids, serving the queen.

???: This is all a bit strange. We're ships, but we're talking about maids and queens as if we're trying to.

???: Trying to convince each other we're human.

The person standing on my left seemed shocked.

???: I apologise if that wasn't what you were thinking.

Then there was a short pause.

???: It doesn't matter. Whether we are people or ships, we all have lives and hearts, there is no difference.

???: I disagree. We were born to fight, humans were not.

???: Yes miss.

The girl on my right was about to turn around, so I quickly hit behind one of the planes.