wonderful christmas time - josh

yoo fuckin santa josh

i have to write this, i fucking love christmas and just imagine spending it with the kiszkas like that sounds so perfect

UNEDITED

———

"Mom, I'm sorry...but I want to stay here," I repeated into my phone for the third time. "Yes, I know this will be my first Christmas away from home but...Mom...listen..." She rambled on as I stole a glance at Josh, watching him laugh over my irritation with my mother.

"Y/n will have a great time with us, y/m/n," Josh said into the phone after he took it from my hands. "We'll make sure to take good care of her.... Yes...okay...love you too, Merry Christmas!" He finished, handing the phone back to me.

"Hi mom...okay...I love you, I'll call you soon , I promise...I love you, bye." I sighed as I finally hung up the phone.

"So what's the verdict?" Josh asked as he laid on his bed, me beside him. I frowned and pursued my lips, giving him puppy eyes as I watched his smirk fall.

"I can stay," I said, making him punch my arm.

"Don't do that, I thought you were gonna say you can't," he laughed. He put his arms out for me to fall in, so I slowly leaned onto him, now laying on top of him, both of us laughing. "I think that this Christmas will be the most wonderful, tremendous, bodacious one yet."

"Shut up with your fancy words, Josh," I joked. He just chuckled and lightly grabbed my check with one hand, pulling me into a soft kiss.

-

My eyes struggled to open from the blinding light coming from the window. I finally opened them completely to see the sun reflecting off a sheet of snow covering the ground outside. I rolled over to look at Josh, who was still sound asleep. He breathed slowly, his lips parted slightly and a little snore coming out of them. I ran my hand through his perfect curls, causing him to stir. His eyes struggled like mine, not expecting the brightness that was there.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" I asked.

"You did, but I'm glad you did," he smirked, pecking my lips. "Merry Christmas, y/n."

"Oh my god, I almost forgot," I laughed. "Merry Christmas, Josh." He stared into my eyes as I stared into his, making him smile, his eyes squinting and lighting up as he did so. He made the best face when he smiled. "I'm so happy to be here."

"Me too," he said. "We'll go to my parents' later and the Wagners will be there too."

"That sounds perfect," I grinned. "I'd love to just spend Christmas in bed, though.

"That sounds cozy," he implied. "But you've got to open your gift."

"And you've got to open yours," I remarked. "And I need to call my mom or I'm a dead woman," I said, widening  my eyes. He laughed, leaning in to lightly press his soft lips against mine before rolling out of bed. I followed suite, putting on a sweatshirt and following Josh out to the living room.

Him and I had decorated a small little tree with a few gifts surrounding it. I headed over to the kitchen to brew a pot of coffee, as I heard clinking behind me. Josh was on top of the counter grabbing mugs that were clearly too high up for the both of us. He came back down with two large mugs, both of them Christmas themed.

He set them down, coming to stand behind me and snake his arms around my waist. I smiled as his lips lightly brushed against my neck. "Stop," I whined. "I just want to make coffee" I couldn't help but giggle at his kisses. I turned around to face him and said, "Why don't you go into the living room, and then I can bring you your coffee as you open your gift?"

"Fine," he sighed, shuffling back to the living room, plopping down on the couch.

I came over to him and handed him his Christmas Coffee as I set mine down on the coffee table, grabbing his gift from beside the tiny tree. I handed it to him, sitting down on the couch beside him Indian style.

I smiled and tended up in excitement. I loved giving special and sentimental gifts because I loved to see how much they appreciate it. I also love to make people happy, especially during Christmas. He slowly removed the ribbon and took the stacked boxes off of each other. He unwrapped the first small one to reveal a wooden box filled with necklaces, earrings, and bracelets I had handmade for him.

"Y/n, these are great," he grinned. "Did you make these?" I nodded, making him smile more. "Wow, you're so...perfect."

"Now you have some new jewelry to wear at concerts," I suggested. "Now open the other one." He laughed as he opened the larger box, revealing a small diary-like book. It was filled with pictures and stories and doodles of us and things we've done.

"Well if this isn't just the cutest thing ever I don't know what is," he giggled. "Why's half of it empty?"

"So you can fill it up with new stuff we do," I explained. "And it doesn't have to be us. It could be you and the boys, or your family, or anyone. It's a little adventure book. Or you could put little plants and stuff in it you find on hikes, or concert tickets, or—"

"I love it, y/n," he laughed, stopping my rambling. "It's the sweetest thing anybody has ever gotten me. Shit, you didn't even get me stuff, you made me stuff. There's nothing better than that." He brought my face to his, kissing me passionately.

"Merry Christmas," I smiled.

"Thank you, y/n, Merry Christmas," he repeated. "Well now I feel like a dumbass because of what I got you."

"I'm sure it's just as great, Josh," I reassured him.

"No, it makes me seem like such a snob..."

"Josh. There is no way you could ever come off as a snob. I seriously doubt it's anything like that. Now let me see it!" I laughed. He got up to get a large wrapped box that was in the corner near the tree. "Ooh, I bet it's good," I said with raised eyebrows. He laughed, handing it to me and sitting back down.

I tore off the paper to see a case, sort of like an instrument case. I opened it, and there sat the most beautiful and awesome instrument I've ever seen.

"You got me a fucking BANJO??" I yelled in excitement, my eyes going wide.

"Is that a good thing?" He asked nervously.

"Of course it is! Why would that make you look snobby???" I asked.

"Well...because you got me, made me such sentimental gifts, and I just bought you something..."

"Sure you bought it, you can't make a banjo," I laughed. "But that doesn't matter to me. You know how much I love them and listen to them, and now I don't have to play Jake's because I've got my own! I love it so much, Josh. I think it's fucking awesome." I told him.

"You sure?" He asked again nervously.

"Yes I'm sure! Stop it, I love it," I repeated, pecking his lips. "I love you. I don't need any present as long as I have you."

"Aww, you're so cheesy," he fake-awed. "But in all seriousness, I love you too. And you're all I need."

"Josh, stop being cheesy," I teased.

"Shut up and let me kiss you," he laughed, grabbing my head to interlock his lips with mine.

———

MERRY CHRISTMAS MOTHERFUCKERS

i honestly think this shit is pretty cute tbh and ive been wanting to write a christmas one since june and now its finally here

happy holidays to everyone :))