sunshine - josh

prompts 3 & 23
"Shh, calm down"
"Your hands are shaking"

🌸☀️🌸

———

Both Josh and I were sitting on our bed, scrolling through our phones. Enjoying each other's company, yet being alone.

I scroll through Instagram when I see a direct message. It was a request. I assumed it was some kind of spam, but then I opened it.

username_123: "i can't believe you. ive always followed u and u seemed so sweet, and now ur with a celebrity?? ur so stupid, and u just want attention."

I frowned a little, seeing another one. Josh and I had just publicly announced our relationship, having been only friends since grade school.

username_456: "THIS IS UNFAIR. If you get to be with Josh I should too!!!! Ur such an attention whore."

Another...

username_789 "Josh is my favorite celebrity ever and I should be with him. I'm gonna hunt you down so I can have him. U barely even know him smh slut."

"Baby, y/n, are you ok?" I felt Josh lightly grab my shoulder. "Your hands are shaking," he pointed out. I noticed and turned off my phone, throwing it off the bed. "Hey, what happened?" He seemed really concerned. That's when I noticed my breathing was heavy, and tears were running down my face.

"I got...direct messages on Instagram...a-and they w-were mad at me," I sobbed. "They said I was a slut..." my speech was incoherent, i was literally crying a river. Dramatic as always.

"Sunshine, shh, calm down," he rubbed my back, repeatedly going "shh."

Whenever he called me sunshine I felt better. It made me feel like I light up his world, or something powerful and sweet like that. His soft shushing helped me take deep breaths, and his soft fingers on my back.

"Okay..." I took a deep breath. "I got direct messages on Instagram, and they were mad at me for being with you...someone said I was an attention whore, and a slut, and one said they would quote unquote 'hunt me down' because I didn't deserve to be with you," I rambled on, finally catching my breath.

"What?" He said, wide-eyed. "Are you serious?" I nodded. "People fucking say that shit to you? A literal ray of sunshine?"

"Listen, Josh, today was the first time I saw it...and I think they're right..."

"You WHAT? You think they're right??? If anything, I don't deserve you. And how in the goddamn world does anything make you a slut or attention whore?? I've known you my whole life, and I know you like I know my brothers. I wouldn't want anybody else in the world. Anyways, people are just jealous. They say that shit thinking they'll get you mad and then post it themselves. You can't listen to it. They don't matter. The only thing that matters is me and you. Okay?"

He smiled at me, cupping my face in his hands. "You're my sunshine," he said softly.

"You always know how to make me feel better," I say, grabbing his hands and holding them tight, caressing his fingers.

"That's the point, darling," he laughed, making me chuckle. I wrap him in the tightest hug I've ever given him. He holds me tight back. I loosen my grip, and stare into his charming brown eyes. "You're my sunshine," I say right before kissing his soft lips. He kisses me like there is no tomorrow, we wrap our hands in each other's curly hair.

I never want this moment to end.

———

This is really similar to the Sam one but you know why!!

Because im

✨✨                         
       ✌️unoriginal✌️

                      ✨✨

excuse my dumb ass