nice outfit - sam

no prompts

this is based on one of my MANY outfits I've iconically worn

ps im literally 6 years old, when im bored i dress up like a hippie or something fun

———

Your POV:

Tonight was the night. My band and I were opening for Greta Van Fleet, our first big show at an actual venue. I still haven't met the band, but our guitarist, Nik, says that they're cool.

"From Massachusetts to L.A..." started the announcer. I took a deep breath and smiled. "I give you, Stars from Mars!" (That's my insta username just pretend it sounds good)

The crowd cheered, not crazy but they cheered. I looked over at my two band mates, smiled, and headed out, bass in hand.

-

Sam's POV

"Hey, wanna watch them?" Danny asked me, gesturing to the stage. I agreed, and we walked to the sideline. There were two guys, on drums and guitar, and then there was a girl.

She was wearing a pattered overall-dress, brown heeled cowboy boots, a white shawl, many necklaces and bracelets, and she was singing. She looked like Stevie Nicks.

"Hey Sam," Danny said. "Check out the bass chick," he smiled. "Woah, she sings too!"

"Yeah..." I said, still kind of staring. She looked over at me, so I quickly looked over to the drummer. When she looked away, I looked back, and she was smiling. She was singing and playing bass. I gotta meet her.

-

Your POV

As I was on the stage, I could feel eyes on me. Besides the audience obviously. It felt like somebody was watching, intently. I looked over to the side of the stage and saw two boys, one with long brown hair, the other with long black hair. I think they're in the band we're opening for. The brown haired one seemed to be staring, which explains my feeling. Damn... I thought. I smiled into the microphone, trying to focus on this big moment as I played my bass and sung. I felt like Stevie Nicks.

Once we finished, I waved the audience goodbye as they cheered, and chanted "Greta." We stumbled off stage, and my band mates and I were laughing and smiling when I bumped into someone.

"Oop, I'm sorry!" I apologized.

"It's okay," he said. It was the boy from earlier who was looking at me. "Nice outfit," he complimented, looking me up and down.

"Thank," I smiled. "I mean thanks. Or thank you..." Shit. I'm an idiot. "Don't look too bad yourself." Nice save, y/n. He was wearing an open blouse, lots of necklaces, leather pants, and was barefoot. "Shoes?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't need 'em," he said. "Sam. The bassist. And keyboard," he held out his hand.

"Hi Sam," I grabbed his hand and shook it.
"Y/n. The bassist. And vocals."

"Hi y/n," he laughed. "Talk later?"

"Only if you put some shoes on," I said cockily.

"Bye forever, then," he responded, walking onto the stage.

———

Danny liked one of my edits on Instagram today so I've been in a good mood

I had this drafted out for so long so I finally wrote more

that little "thank" was an actual thing that happened to me when I got a compliment. I just went "Thank."