fool in the rain - sam

This is inspired by @lo.uie2554 from Instagram, but I mixed it up a little because one of my two-part sam stories got DELETED

Also fool in the rain is one of my favorite led zeppelin songs hence the title

So here :)

———

It's been almost two weeks since I've seen Sam, and it's been making me feel gloomy.

I've been friends with him since our first day of high school, so every day and every summer we were always together. I loved him so much, but he never did back.

And I still do.

Since we graduated a few weeks ago, I can't help but drift away from him. I've been feeling a lot more in love with him than normal, and I don't want to ruin anything between us, so I've kept my distance.

He did text and call, but most of the times I didn't respond or answer.

My phone started to ring and I saw that it was him, but I didn't answer of course. I knew I'd say or do something stupid. But I miss him so much. What do I do?

I kept declining his calls, so about 10 minutes later I heard a knock at my door. Nobody was home but me, so I had to answer. I opened it to Sam, of course.

"Y/n, what is going on?" Was the first thing he said. I just looked down and shrugged. "You seem off, are you alright?" I just shrugged again. "Y/n, something is clearly wrong."

"I don't want to talk about it!" I said. He jumped at my sudden response.

"Please? I can't go this long without hanging out with you," he said. That was it. 'Hanging out.' He didn't want to be with me. He just wanted me to hang out. He must have seen me get upset over those words, because he knitted his eyebrows together and said, "Y/n/n, I gotta tell you something."

I quickly looked up, nervous about what he would say. We both jumped as lighting struck and it started raining.

"Let me tell you first," I said, coming outside with him, in the rain. I need to stop this. I need to just say it.

"I...I love you, Sam. And I can't help it! Ever since the first time I met you until now. I'm sorry, I know you don't feel the same..." I looked down as the rain got in my eyes.

"What?" He said in disbelief. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked. Oh god, this is going to ruin everything.

"Because I knew it would ruin or friendship! You obviously don't love me back. You never have!" I started crying. "And now look. I'm ruining everything right now!"

"Y/n!" He stopped my excessive talking. "I love you too!"

"W-what?" I asked, still crying. It started raining more. We were both drenched. And with that said, he kissed me so passionately I thought it was a dream. He kissed and kissed, I never wanted it to be over.

"Y/n, I fucking love you!" He yelled. "I thought you didn't love me at all."

"I thought you didn't love me!" I laughed.

"Well I do!" He said. "And I want the world to know it! I LOVE Y/F/N! YOU HEAR THAT?" He screamed into the empty road. We both giggled and kissed again, still in the rain.

"Is this a movie or something?" I laughed, gesturing to our rain romance.

"Yes it is. I was faking it all along," Sam joked.

"That's not funny!" I scolded.

"It is a little bit," He said smirking.

"Shut up and kiss me again," I said, pulling him in for yet another kiss.

———

I love my Sammy :))))

Thanks for the inspiration btw wherever you are