Part 2. Chapter 43: Id Part 2

She awoke to cold water being splashed on her face. Her vision was dizzy; she turned on all fours and coughed violently.

"You are the one! You are who I have been searching for!" A clear voice cut through her otherwise muffled hearing.

Pollyanna collapsed on her back.

A very handsome fairy with wild, fiery red hair loomed above her.

"Who are you...?" She asked dazedly.

"Stand up!" The fairy demanded and pulled her to her feet by her shoulders.

Pollyanna coughed again as the fairy looked her over intently.

She noticed his hands were twitching uncontrollably.

"Leave us." The fairy commanded the knights who were keeping watch nearby.

They obeyed. They dragged the remaining priestesses and Holy Women away with them.

Pollyanna turned around and faced the burning convent with empty tears in her eyes.

Arms slowly wrapped around her stomach. She felt a head leaning into her back as she looked upon the fiery wreckage of what used to be her home.

"I've been searching for you for so long..." His voice was like sweet honey.

"You're the king, aren't you? Fjorn?" Pollyanna replied and couldn't deny herself the shiver that ran up her spine when the fairy kissed her neck.

"Yes, I am the king. And you... You will be someone who is greater than either a king or a queen." Fjorn murmured obsessively. "You will be power personified! Isn't that what you want?"

Pollyanna, who was numbly staring at the black flames consuming the convent, felt a colorful spark burst to life within her.

She slowly turned around.

Her life had started out turbulent and chaotic, she was a prisoner to it—she was powerless to it. After that, it had become gray and lifeless by her own choice.

Now it seemed that this man was giving her a new choice to make. A choice to be someone.

She came face-to-face with the handsome fairy. "How will you give me such power?"

He reached up and grabbed her cheeks with strong hands. "You already have such power! Can you not see your own worth?"

Pollyanna saw herself within Fjorn's black eyes. She saw something within them that she had never seen in the mirror.

"I have such power...?" Pollyanna echoed.

"Of course you do! The goddesses have given you this tall and strong body! They have blessed you with strength! Can't you feel it burning within you?" Fjorn asked jubilantly.

Pollyanna didn't realize how heavily she had been breathing when a shy, "yes," had escaped her lips.

Fjorn drew his face closer to her with a grin that was almost maniacal. "I have something that will make you even stronger—something that will bind the two of us together forever. You have been afraid before, haven't you? That is why you have locked yourself away in this convent?"

Pollyanna looked down at her feet—past her empty womb. She nodded.

"You will never fear again once you have drunk this potion." Fjorn held out a small bottle filled with pink liquid.

Pollyanna gazed at the potion as if she were hypnotized. "It will bind us together?" She asked. "I will never be afraid again?"

"It will. Not only that, but you will be made invincible. The only way you can die when you drink this potion is if my whole family is killed." Fjorn explained. "As long as one of my family members live, you will live, too."