•TWENTY-FOUR•

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE

"I assume Allison and i are better people that you guys, huh

"I assume Allison and i are better people that you guys, huh. Us weirdo's?" Brian confessed

Everyone was silent as Brian looked towards Allison "Would you do that to me?"

"I don't have any friends" Allison spoke softly

"Well if you did" Brian was trying not to smirk and let out a giggle.

"No" Allison concluded "I don't think that the kind of friends that i'd have would mind"

"I just want to tell each of you that i wouldn't do that. I wouldn't and will not, because i think that's real shitty" A tear rolled down Brian's cheek that i so badly wanted to wipe away and kiss his rosy cheeks but i held back. He'd probably get really embarrassed.

"Ditto. Anyone who would do that would be considered a simple minded piece of shit" i agreed.

"Your friends wouldn't mind because they look up to us" Claire said snuffling like a drug addict on cocaine.

"Yeah they look up to you because you're so tall walking round school with your stripper heels that are 20 inch fucking tall" I sneered. She's got such a big head sometimes, figuratively and literally.

Brian dry laughed "You're so conceded Claire, you're so conceded-" He wiped his face as he whispered the last words. "You're just so full of yourself, why are you like that?"

"I'm not saying that to be conceded, i hate it. I hate having to go along with everything my friends say" Claire gets emotional once again.

Any more and you'd think she'd be an actor..

"Well then why do you do it?" Brian asked her straight out.

I ran my hands though John's hair. I love this drama so much better than being at school watching pathetic fights in the cafeteria hall.

"I don't know. You- you don't understand. You're not friends with the same kind of people Andy and i are friends with, you know. You just don't understand the pressure they can put on you-"

"I don't understand what?" Brian pointed to himself in disbelief "You think i don't understand pressure Claire..well fuck you! Fuck you!" Brian broke down into tears as he used his arm to cover his face as he sobbed into his sleeve.

We all watched in agony at the person i would consider a little brother. My poor broken heart just feels for him, my little nugget..

I felt tears welling up in my eyes, wow what a puff.

"Do you know why i'm here today?"

There was no response

"Do you?" Brian asked louder "Im here because Mr. Ryan found a gun in my locker" Brian removed his face from his sleeve and wiped his eyes once again.

"Why'd you have a gun in your locker?" Andrew was quick to ask. The rest of us left horrified. No...not my little Brian.

"I-i tried..and you pull the fucking trunk on it and the lights supposed to go on. It didn't go on and i mean i don't-" He kept stumbling over his words and fidgeting constantly.

"What's the gun for Brian?" I asked softly. Already knowing the answer which i would hope wouldn't come out of his mouth as i don't think i'd be able to stomach it.

"Just forget it Amber okay?" He looked at me broken.

"You brought it up man" Alright Andy say it a little nicer yeah?

"I can't have an F...I can't have it and i know my parents can't have it...even if i aced the rest of the semester im still only a B, everything's ruined for me".

"Fuck what your parents think, this goes for the lot of you too" I gazed around the room at the others "Don't let them tell you what you can,can't and should do with your lives. It's your life to live and you should live it the way you want to..not them. Brian i bet your parents didn't come out with all A grades in their subjects because if they did they must have had shit parents too which made them into strict cunts, shoving god damn books up their ass talking a load of shit." i concluded.

Brian lost it and hit the high stool next to him before throwing his head in his hands, he started to snuffle loudly.

"Considering my options y'know"

"No, killing yourself is not an option-"

"Well i didn't do it did i,no i don't think so?!" Brian interrupted Claire.

"It was a hand gun?" Allison interjected

"No, it was a flare gun...went off in my locker.."

Andrew burst out in laughter

"it's not funny." Brian stated to which Andrew coughed to cover up his dying laughter, to which he then started back up again. However this time everyone else started to break their serious expressions and started to smirk, slowly transforming into laughter. "I guess it is" Brian smirked laughing himself. I however didn't find it funny at all, yes he got the wrong gun to kill himself with but he still had the same intention and he could have got seriously injured with the flare gun if it went close to his face and also in his eyes.

"Fucking elephant was destroyed.."

"You wanna know what i did to get in here?" Allison addressed the group.

"Nothing" She broke into a smile, that was kinda funny to which i grinned like a Cheshire cat. As if you'd come to detention for 8 hours rather than spend it going out or smoking, drinking, partying, shopping who the fuck cares but coming here because you've got nothing else to do is low key crazy. But i guess that's just Allison's style, the dark horse. "I didn't have anything better to do.."

To that we all burst out laughing, me hiding my face into Bender's chest as i could feel it turning red.

"You're all laughing at me" Allison said amused.

"No" Andrew lied poorly as he cracked up again.

"Yes, you are!"

"Well who the fuck comes to Saturday detention because they're bored! Ah you're one of a kind Allison, its what i always liked about you." i removed my face to give her an over-dramatic wink as we all continued to laugh.

Anyone who'd see us now would think that we're all wacko, 6 kids sat at the side of the library laughing our heads off, they'd think we're crazy. But...all the best people are.