I slowly pushed my hands into her chest, feeling as they passed through flesh, muscles, and bones. I grabbed her heart and began to massage it, forcing it to continue pumping.

She grasped my arm and panted, "¿Qué. Están. Haciendo?" [What. Are. You. Doing?]

Where the hell is he? I glanced toward the window to see Noel running down the hall pushing a man to the room.

"Lo siento señora, pero alguien viene a verla." [I'm sorry ma'am but there's someone coming to see you.]

She looked toward the door just as her son was pushed in and fell to the side of her hospital bed, out of breath. He grabbed her hand and placed his forehead on the back of her hand, tears streaming down as he muttered his apologies.

She used her other hand and ran her fingers through his hair, "Está bien. Ambos nos equivocamos al ignorar los problemas entre nosotros. Me tengo que ir pero quiero que sepas que te amo." [It's okay. We both were wrong for ignoring the issues in-between us. I have to go but I want you to know that I love you.]

Her son threw his body over hers and held her close, causing my arm to flicker and miss a beat.

He cried out as the monitor beeped in monotone loudly, "Te amo, mama." [I love you, mom.]

Her soul appeared behind me and patted my shoulder as she walked toward Noel, "Es hora de ir." [It's time to go.]

Once we reached the van, Noel helped her into the backseat and made sure the others were comfortable, "¿Todos listos para ir?" [Everyone ready to go?]

They all yelled to him, "¡Sí!" [Yes!]

He closed the door and jumped into the passenger seat, "¡Vamos!" [Let's go!]

As I began to drive toward the purgatory gates, Noel went through roll call to make sure we got everyone. Four souls for me and six for him. Every soul we grabbed today was someone who was ready and waiting for death to come to them. The thought that one day they'll disappear didn't frighten them one bit because they knew nothing could hurt worse than continuing on in pain and watching their loved ones cry over them everyday.

I'm not sure if my kids had to watch me as I passed on because for some reason that part of their memory string is completely gone. I don't know if I died in a hospital like Mrs. Echeverria or at home like Mr. Sosa, all I could hope was that they're no longer in pain and that my death wasn't traumatic for them.

"V! Are you listening to me? Your phone won't stop ringing," Noel poked my arm roughly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Who is it?"

"It's Ace," he responded nervously, passing me the phone.

"Why is she call- Oh shit!"

I fumbled to answer my phone and gulped roughly, "Ace, I am so sorry! I promise you that I am on my way." Checking the GPS, it read that we were ten minutes away from the gates.

"V, I needed you here at ten-thirty on the dot. Not whatever time you decide," her tone was laced with annoyance, causing me to shift in the seat uncomfortably.

"Yes, I completely understand Ace. I deeply apologize but I can still make it on time if you just give me a couple more minutes."

She gave a loud and long sigh, "You are so lucky to have me. Fine! If you get to the parking lot in less than 10 minutes, you can still go on this ride-along. You won't have any time to go over and get familiar with everything in the arsenal like I wanted you to nor do you have time to make your own plan so we'll go with whatever plan I make up. I'll fill you in if you get here on time."