Chapter 26

You and Papyrus both stepped into the house. Papyrus then stood in front of you proceeding to speak. "So hun," papyrus started. "Considering how we took a nap and went out for drinks, I'm gonna assume you have energy to do stuff now and that you don't wanna be lazy," Papyrus said with a cocked brow of sureness.

"You'd be right in that assumption," you stated with a light chuckle as you nodded your head in confirmation.

"Alrighty, so is there anything you wanna do or see?" Papyrus asked you making you raise a brow of uncertainty.

"I dunno Paps, I'm not exactly from here, you're gonna have to be my tour guide," you stated like a smart aleck making papyrus chuckle and shake his head.

"I mean, you aren't wrong," papyrus said agreeing with you. "But is there anything you'd like to do exactly? That'll help me figure out where we'll go," papyrus stated making you 'oh' with understanding.

"Welp, I don't really know what to do around here... what do you like to do other than be lazy? Heheh," you said lightly teasing papyrus.

"Pfft, well, other than be lazy, I like telling jokes everywhere I go to anybody that'll listen, typically that's done at one of my sentry stations because everyone likes visiting me there for either a hotcat or obviously the jokes," papyrus explained making you smile at how much of a socialite he was. But then it hit you... hotcat? You had to pause for a second before responding.

"Wait a minute... did you just say... hotcat? Don't you mean... hotDOG?!" You asked with pure and utter confusion.

"Pfft, you act like you've never heard of a hotcat before," papyrus said making you out to be the idiot here.

"Nope... I'm pretty positive hotcats don't exist, you just enjoy confusing me," you said making a squinting face only making him chuckle.

"I mean... I also sell water sausages if that's any consolation towards your confusion," Papyrus said yet again leaving you in hilarious awestruck.

"I can only shake my head to that Paps, just what the heck," you said giggling slightly as you shook your head.

"Hey, I'm a businessman, what can I say," he said with a shrug making you roll your eyes whilst shaking your head.

"Sure you are, sweetie," you said giving him a pat on the shoulder and a wink being somewhat condescending towards him.

"Hmm... I sense you don't completely agree with me," Papyrus said with a raised brow and squinted eye sockets.

"Nah, you're great, I just gotta tease you a little," you said being genuine that time making papyrus laugh and smile.

"I figured that's what you were doing, hun," he said with a wink as he ruffled your hair.

"Pfft, stop Paps that messes up my hair, heheheh," you said while giggling.

"Heh, that's kinda the point, hun," papyrus said making you squint your eyes at him with puffed cheeks.

"You're rude," you said simply making papyrus smile even bigger.

"And you're cute," he said with yet another wink making you blush and look away. "Anyway, we should head out, we'll go to my second Hotland post, that's where I get the most business." Papyrus told you making you nod your head as Papyrus walked back towards the door, opening it allowing you to exit first. "Take my hand, I'll just take a short cut," papyrus offered to which you gladly accepted as you took his hand.

Before you knew it, you and papyrus had both managed to travel from the snowy tundra that is Snowdin to the fiery inferno that is hotland. "Good Lord," you said as the heat hit you. "I can't believe I forgot how hot it is here," you said as you were already breaking a sweat. "You don't care if I take my sweater off again right?" You asked as you released papyrus' hand to pull up your hair.