Chapter 25

Once you both arrived at Muffet's, Papyrus released you from his grasp so you both could sit at your places at the bar. "Hey Muffet, can I have the usual?" Papyrus asked the moment he sat in his seat.

"Depends... are you actually gonna pay for once?" Muffet asked as she took the milkshake cup that she was cleaning and sat it on the counter then proceeding to place two of her hands on her hips and the others on the counter.

"Muffet, c'mon, this is me we're talking about, I'll pay my tab... eventually," Papyrus mumbled the eventually making you internally laugh as you watched Muffet shake her head and reluctantly pull out a bottle of honey from under the counter.

"You better pay that tab, Papyrus," Muffet said with a slight tone of annoyance as she then continued to clean the already clean cup. "Can I get anything for you dearie~?" She spoke sweetly to you, much different than her tone with Papyrus.

You then slumped on the counter, being a total dramatic, "I just need some form of caffeine, whatever you'd think I'd enjoy," you spoke being incredibly vague as to what you wanted.

"Hmm.. well, I've come up with a new beverage recipe that I've been wanting to add to the menu, but I've been wanting someone to taste test it before I added it, are you up to try it?" Muffet offered you a mystery beverage to which you instantly grew excited.

"Of course I'd be willing to try!" You said as you perked up off of the countertop. You could hear Papyrus chuckle at your antics before Muffet nodded her head.

"Alright then, dearie, I'll be back with that in a few minutes for you," she said as she skated back into the kitchen taking the glass with her but leaving the rag.

"So, do you think you're gonna be the new taste tester for Muffet?" Papyrus asked you to which you turned to him with sparkling eyes that could rival the stars.

"Papyrus, being a taste tester for a pastry shop/café is like a dream job for me. Just think about it... Free. Food." You spoke with utter seriousness making Papyrus laugh.

"But I get that now," he said as he continued drinking his honey making you stifle a laugh.

"Boi, I wouldn't be saying that so loud with how annoyed Muffet was with you earlier ago," you said making him hunker down, praying Muffet didn't hear.

"Crap, you're right. I might have to run in a minute, hun," Papyrus said making you chuckle at his fear.

"Papyrus, I'm sure you won't have to run," you said as you rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Hun lemme tell you, you don't know Muffet as I do. One time, she chased me out of here with a rolling pin," Papyrus explained making you laugh at the look of fear in his eye sockets.

"Pfft- What the heck did you do to make her do that?!" You exclaimed as you tried catching your breath.

"Told one too many pastry related jokes... I wasn't allowed to come back for a week! That was a dark time for me," Papyrus said making you shake your head and pat his back.

"You poor, poor man. Is there anything I could do to make you feel better?" You spoke being sarcastic, but it's not like Papyrus can't throw things back at you.

"Heh, I can think of a few things~," he said flirtatiously as he smirked and sat up straight, towering over you. You then cowered under his gaze as you grew flustered and looked away from him.

"Nooooo..! Quit being terrible!" You said as you playfully pushed him away from you just making him laugh.

"Heheh, you're too cute, hun," he said making you blush and look towards the kitchen door waiting for Muffet to come back and save you.