Prologue

"(Y/n)! Will you please tell me a bedtime story! Pretty, pretty please~" your little sister Chara begged.

"Heheheh ok, ok, fine. As long as you promise to go to bed afterwards."

"Well duh, that's the point of a bedtime story."

"Duh... dangit self you knew that!" You said acting a fool making Chara laugh. You then picked her up and carried her to your shared room. "Ok so whaddya wanna hear bub?" You said placing her on the bed.

"Can you tell me the one about the monsters?" It was no surprise to you that she'd want to hear that story, it is her favorite after all.

"Heh ok... let's just tuck you in all the way first." Chara then quickly snuggled up in her sheets waiting for you to start the story. You giggled at the sparkle in her eyes that she got every time she would be told the story.

"Long ago, two races lived over Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS. One day, war broke out between the two races. After a long battle, the humans were victorious. They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell. Now, The monsters lay deep within the mountain awaiting there angel that is said to have come from the surface to free them."

"(Y/n)?" You hummed in response. "Do you think it's true?" You had to think for a moment on the next words you'd choose. You decided to be honest.

"Well Chara... I actually do think it's true. And I hate what humanity has done to the monsters, because I'm sure that there wasn't a valid reason for them to seal them away or start a war."

"Do you have any idea on how we could free them?"

"Unfortunately, I don't, other than finding seven wizards to break the barrier. Buuut we don't know any wizards and I think wizards are scarce, or even extinct."

"Well there's gotta be something we can do!? There's always another option!"

"I love your DETERMINATION kiddo, but it's really late and past your bed time." You said ruffling their hair with a small yawn. "Do you wanna talk about it tomorrow morning at breakfast? I hear mom is making (pancakes/waffles)~"

"Sure!"

"Heh ok goodnight." You gave her a smooch on the forehead and then went to your bed.

~in the morning~

You rolled over waking up to early seeing as the sun hadn't even come out. You groaned a little bit looking at your phone seeing that it was 2:43 am. "Why~" you groaned to yourself. You looked over to Chara's bed seeing that she wasn't there. You threw your covers off of yourself and went over to her bed. You knew she didn't just go to the bathroom or anything because she made her bed. "Oh crap balls, this is bad!" You looked around the room for any clues as to where Chara went. You then saw a note on the nightstand.

Dear (Y/n),

I went to go save the monsters of Mt Ebbot. I'm sorry I just couldn't wait, and I couldn't sleep. Please don't worry I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm going to break the barrier and free all the monsters.

Love, Chara

"Oh dang son!" I gotta write mom a note. You then quickly wrote something on a piece of paper telling her Chara ran off and you went to go after her. You got a backpack put your phone inside, a portable charger, charge cord, earbuds, and two thin jackets. One for you and one for Chara, knowing her she was gonna forget one. And then you were off to Mt Ebott.