Chapter 8

You ran back in the opposite direction trying to get to Papyrus as soon as possible. You felt horrible for the way you treated him. He was only trying to protect you and you went and got all mad at him. Sure you were worried about Chara, but Chara just seemed so sure nothing would go wrong. That being the case you knew you were in the wrong for yelling at him. So you ran to him in hopes of forgiveness.

~tiny time skip~

You made it to Sans and Papyrus's house noticing Sans was up in front. "Is he still in there!?" You asked in a frantic, huffing and puffing.

"TO MY KNOWLEDGE HE IS STILL IN THE HOUSE! UNLESS HE USED ONE OF HIS SHORTCUTS, OF WHICH I DO NOT APPROVE OF, TO GO SOMEWHERE." Sans told you directing you inside.

"Ok, thanks Sans!" You said in a rush as you ran inside. "Papyrus!!" You yelled throughout the house hoping for some kind of response, but only receiving deathly silence. You dashed up the stairs heading for Papyrus's room. The only way you knew it was his room was earlier ago when you both were about to nap he gestured to his room. You banged on the door calling to Papyrus. "Papyrus! If you are in there please open up!" You begged trying to open the door only to fail because he locked it. "I want to apologize Papyrus. Please, just open up..." you said losing hope.

You sighed defeated. You turned around, leaned your back against the door, and slid down onto the floor. "Damnit," You said resting your head in your hands. "Why did I be so mean to Papyrus... it's not like anything bad happened." You rambled to yourself, not even hearing the shuffling beyond the door. You continued feeling bad for yourself and rambling up until you heard two knocks on the door. "Papyrus!?" You exclaimed happily.

"heh, that's not what you're supposed to say." He said knocking two more times. Oh my gah he's setting up for a joke.

"Alright, who's there?" You asked kinda reluctantly because this was taking the seriousness out of your apology.

"forgiven."

"Forgiven who?"

"forgiven you." Papyrus said simply making you smile. "but first tell me a joke." You smirked and knocked on his door twice. "who's there?"

"Otter."

"otter who?"

"Otter apologies for my behavior earlier ago." You could hear him chuckling on the other side.

"ok, now you are definitely forgiven." Papyrus said as you heard shuffling on the other side. Then with no warning he opened the door making you fall back with an oof. "whoops, sorry hun, didn't think you'd fall for me that easily heheh."

"Heh, you're forgiven. Now can you please help me up." You said holding out your hand for him to take.

"of course, hun." He replied taking your hand in his pulling you up from the floor.

"Papyrus, I just gotta ask you, how could you possibly forgive me so easily? I was just so mean to you, I don't see how you could forgive me." You asked him confused at how quick he was to forgive your brash decisions.

"*sigh* well, i got to thinkin' and i can safely say i would have acted the same as you if it were sans in chara's position. plus, i heard your rambling and i knew you must've felt bad, so at that point if i didn't forgive you i'd feel bad." He explained scratching his neck as he spoke.

"Ah, ok, makes sense." You said in realization.

"now, sans is still outside i presume. let's go ask him about your scars." He said making you beam with excitement.

"Really?!" You said practically bouncing with joy. Papyrus chuckled and ruffled your hair.

"yes, now come on." he said leading the way downstairs, walking at his typical calm pace preventing you from dashing outside to Sans.