Chapter 85. New Settlements

Start from the beginning

Rachel's smile came back as she sighed in relief, convinced by my words, "Oh, good, 'cause sometimes you're too innocent for your own good." She laughed, "Well? Give me more details on how it went!"

"So, when I was about to leave since he was just talking shit about me while he was drunk, he grabbed my arm like this," I reenacted the action to Rachel, "Then he said something like how I always do whatever the hell I want, then threw me on the bed and pinned me down."

"Ah, yes, how very Byron. Yes, talk shit to the girl he's just about to have intimate sex with." Rachel sarcastically nodded, "Yes, I can totally see why he's so popular with the ladies."

I laughed, "I'm getting to the sweet part, but yeah, I was actually scared when he did that especially since he was still mad at me that time."

"But I bet you could've escaped from him, he's like a really long twig. I could just imagine you snapping his arms if you had a few energy drinks."

"Weirdly, he's actually really strong." I recalled in amusement, "I did try to get away from him, but I could barely move. I didn't expect it 'cause he really doesn't seem that physically strong to me too. He was drunk even."

"You sure it was consensual?" She joked, but with a hint of seriousness.

"It is, it is. Look, after he pinned me down, there were some kisses and stuff—"

"Where?"

"Huh?" I stopped.

Rachel pressed further with a grin, growing impatient at my storytelling, "On the lips, on the cheeks, like, where?!"

"He was kissing my neck and at the time, I have no idea what the hell was going on! My mind was just blank!"

Rachel pressed a hand on her face, trying to cover up her laughter and I noticed how her face was turning red even, "I'm sorry, I'm kinda cringing, I just can't imagine Byron being anything but a robot at work. Are you sure it was the same Byron?"

"Right? It was a whole new side of him that I didn't think could even exist." I agreed, "The neck-kissing didn't last long even. He stopped and hugged me," I remembered how gentle Byron was at the time and felt a warm feeling spread across my chest, "Then he called my name and told me, in his exact words, 'I realized I loved you all along.' And then we dealt with it like adults do."

"Oh, my God." Rachel turned even redder as she started lightly slapping her face, "This actually happened and I don't know what to feel. And we're talking about Byron. That nerd is actually capable of, like, I don't know, feelings." I could feel how happy Rachel was for me by the way she spoke, "That is so sweet of him to say to you after all you endured."

I replayed the events from the previous nights and fell into silence with a smile on my face, "I'm so happy right now, Rachel. When we woke up the next day, he asked me what I wanted to do and I said I want to be in a relationship with him—"

"He agreed?!" Rachel beat me to it.

"Yes!" I couldn't help but scream, "We're officially dating now!"

Rachel walked over to me and wrapped me in her arms in a bear hug, "Oh, my little girl is all grown up and is finally dating the man of her dreams." She began patting my head obnoxiously, messing my hair, "The man-child of her dreams loves her back. I'm so proud of you."

"Your little girl ain't so little anymore." I laughed at her shenanigans, "Well, now, I'm dating. Maybe it's time for you to go out with David too." I joked.

"About that," Rachel pulled away and her eyes were shining as she remembered something, "I met a guy."

"Oh, no, poor David . . ." I muttered with a faint smile. I think I know where this is going. I'm guessing David is replaced.