𝟐𝟕. 𝐒 𝐄 𝐂 𝐑 𝐄 𝐓

Start from the beginning

James let another sigh leave his lips as he looked over at his friend who was now ripping out the grass he was sitting on

James let another sigh leave his lips as he looked over at his friend who was now ripping out the grass he was sitting on. "Tris isn't coming." James said and Brad looked up at that. "You're sleeping at mine." He declared and got up  reaching out his hand for Brad to take wich he did. He got up on shaking legs and the two made their way through the club. And even though the loud music buzzed in their heads, there was a thick silence between the two. The silence continued on the whole ride to James' apartment and the blonde only sometimes looked over to check on the boy who was sleeping against the window. As soon as he pulled into the parking lot of his apartment complex he took a second to collect himself. What was this big secret Brad was keeping? Was it really that bad?
He decided to let it rest for the rest of the night and got out of the car. James helped Brad up the flights of stairs and brought him into his apartment.
"I don't feel so good..." The brunette mumbled and the older male panicked, leading his band mate to the kitchen sink as fast as possible. As soon as they were standing in the kitchen, Brad gagged and threw up into the metallic sink. James rubbed his back comfortingly and tried his best not to gag himself. Afterwards the brunette boy was exhausted and could barely stand on his own so the older male picked him up bridal style and carried him into his bedroom.
"U-usually Tris c-carries m-me like this." Brad mumbled with a small hiccup and James sighed slightly before placing his best friend onto the bed, pulling his shirt over his head but as soon as he pulled on the smaller boys pants he grabbed his wrists weakly. "H-hey stop, only T-Tris is allowed to do that." The brunette said and James shook his head before continuing to pull down the boys skinny jeans. "I have permission." He stated and pulled them down all the way, leaving the younger boy in his boxers. The brunette snuggled into the pillows and James covered him with the blanket. "I'll get you a bucket in case you need to puke again. Do you need anything else?" He asked and Brad stared at the ground sadly. "T-Tristan..." He whispered and James sighed before tucking the brunette into the blanket. "Good night." The blonde stared down at the younger boy and took in a breath. Soon, small snores were heard through the room and the oldest of the Vamps bunch left the room with one last glance at his best friend. He placed a bucket next to the bed before going into the guest room for the night, falling asleep with concern for his younger band mate.

In the morning James' woke up from the sun light shining onto his eyelids.
He rubbed his eyes before opening them and sat up in bed. He had to check up on Brad. The 25-year old left the guest room and walked over to his own room wich he had lent to Brad.
He knocked onto the door and heard a small murmur as an answer. James opened the door and saw the brunette laying in the bed, the bed sheets completely tossed and his hair messy.
"Brad? Are you awake?" He asked and a small groan came from the heap of blankets. James walked over to the bed and pulled the blanket off the younger boy who groaned once again, finally turning towards James. "James? What the... Where am I?"
Brad asked groggily and sat up slowly, holding his head in obvious pain.
"You're in my bed." James stated blankly and the brunette widened his eyes as he saw he was in boxers. "Wait, did we-" The blonde immediately cut his younger friend off with a shake of his head. "You were drunk and I brought you here."
He said and looked his best friend directly into his eyes. "Do you remember yesterday night?" Brad rubbed his head and looked over at the alarm clock on his nightstand before shrugging. "No nothing, I was boozed." A chuckle escaped his lips as he threw the covets to the side. "Do you have my clothes from yesterday?" He asked and James nodded. "I do but they're full of barf." Brad scrunched his face up in disgust. "Mine or yours?" The older male shook his head with scoff. "Yours of course, who do you think drove you here?"
The brunette boy turned away from the closet he had been looking through to shoot a confused look at James. "Are you mad at me or something? I mean, I'm sorry for being such a pain in the ass but I've done the same for you." He stated irritated and the blonde shook his head before getting up. "It was different yesterday." Brad titled his head to the side in confusion. "Did I do something weird?" He asked and James nodded. "Yeah. You did."
The younger boy only raised his eyebrows in a silent question and the blonde took in a breath. "You told me about a huge secret you're keeping from Tristan," He started and immediately saw a small wave of shock go through Brad's eyes. Shock and fear. "That it's eating you up and that we'd all hate you if we knew. Especially Tris." The brunette turned away from his friend while unfolding a shirt he had grabbed from James' closet. "Damn. I really was boozed."
He said with a chuckle before pulling the shirt over his head. James almost scoffed. "Brad I saw the fear in your eyes. You even cried," The blonde said and the brunette kept silent. "I know that you weren't lying." Brad turned towards his friend with irritation in his eyes. "James are you seriously accusing me of something here? I was fucking drunk, mate."
The oldest member shook his head.
"I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, Brad. I just want to help you because keeping this secret is obviously hurting you. Yesterday was obviously your breaking point."
The brunette let out a scoff before walking pass James out of the room.
"I'm going to call Tris." He said before exiting the room and now the blonde was getting pissed off. "When you're done you can directly pass him over. I'd like to talk to him about something." James called behind him and Brad turned towards him.
"About what?" He asked with an angry expression. "What do you think?" James spat back and Brad took a step towards him angrily. "Leave him alone with your little conspiracy theories, he has enough on his plate already." He spat and James slowly stepped towards him. "I think the only reason you don't want me to talk to him about this is that he would see right through your litte lies." He spoke and Brad scrunched his nose in anger.
"Fuck off. I'm not lying." James raised his eyebrows. "Then I don't see the problem in me talking to Tris." He spoke, his voice laced with sarcasm.
"Don't bother him with it." Brad said, James letting out a chuckle at the stupid excuse. Silence followed as Brad seemingly was at a loss for words. "Alright. I'll call him." James stated and turned around to get his phone from the nightstand of the guest room when his arm was suddenly grabbed. "Don't. I'm not lying." Brad said and James was about to argue when he saw the pleading look in the brunette's eyes. He was scared. James almost gave in but he knew he had to do this, he couldn't keep this from Tris. "Brad, I know whatever you're hiding is hurting you. Just tell me and I'll try to help you okay?" James started softly, placing a hand on his band mates shoulder. "Yours and Tristans relationship is built up on so much trust that it would destroy him if he-"
"I slept with Richard." The blondes mouth fell shut like a car door as the words fell from Brad's lips. His eyes were glued to the ground as James stared at him like had grown a second head in the last seconds. Suddenly all shock wore off and James was left with confusion, surprise and definitely anger. "When." He spat, pronouncing it more like a statement than a question. Brad didn't even lift his eyes, he just kept on staring at the ground. "When we first signed the contract with him and Joe." Now the confusion was evident in James' face. "You and Tristan weren't dating back then, why is this so big?" He asked and saw Brad swallow thickly. "It wasn't the only time." He whispered and the blonde took in a huge breath, trying to compose himself.
"Tell me how it happened." He said, now more softly. Brad looked up, tears shining in his eyes as he stared into nothingness. "The first time he told me to stay behind after signing the contract and said he needed one more favor. I was filled with adrenaline and happiness because of our dream coming true but then he told me to... strip." The brunette whispered and James swallowed. "At first, I refused but then he grabbed the contract and threatened to rip it in half. I was- I was so scared. So I... I obliged and took off my clothes." He whispered and shook his head slightly like the memories were haunting him. "He started touching me and at first I hated it but..." Brad stopped talking and James bit his lip. "You started to enjoy it." He whispered and the brunette only nodded. "Fuck he knew exactly where to touch and what to do. I just- I felt so... Ashamed that I was enjoying what he was doing to me." Brad mumbled, clearly distressed as he grabbed his curls in his hands. James placed a hand on his knee comfortingly. "But it was without your consent. It was still sexual assault, Brad." He said but the brunette shook his head. "Not the second time." He whispered and the blonde leaned back. "Tell me what happened." Brad let out a shaky breath, taking his hands away from his hair and trying to compose himself. "It was the time when me and Tris got into a huge fight about our relationship becoming public. It was a hard time for me, I missed him a lot and we were supposed to be writing for the Missing You EP. I was under a lot of stress so I decided to go to a club on the weekend to let loose and get some weight off my shoulders," Brad started and took in another breath, ruffling up his curls nervously. "Tristan was mad that I was going to leave and he ignored me completely when I tried to explain so I grew really mad at him. I left the apartment and met up with some friends at the club. I drank a lot and by the middle of the night I was wasted. Because of the fight we had, me and Tristan were lacking sex of course and I missed his touch a lot." The brunette started to get shaken up again while telling the story and James bit his lip as tears gathered in the younger male's eyes.
"I-I didn't know he was going to be there and it was a total surprise seeing him there. He greeted me and was acting completely normal until he noticed just how drunk I was. He kept his hand on my inner tigh throughout talking and when he asked me to come to the bar with him, he kept his hand on my butt the whole time. His touch was so similar to Tristans that it drove me insane. My sexual frustration was so clearly visible that he grew more and more cocky as time passed until he asked me to come to the bathroom with me. I knew what was going to happen, I knew what he wanted to do but I still went with him because I was so horny, drunk and frustrated that I didn't care." Brad let out a humorless chuckle as tears ran down his face. It was like he was laughing at himself.
He got up and walked over to the wooden cabinet in the back of James' living room. The blonde was too shocked and confused to say anything as Brad pulled out a bottle of whiskey and screwed off the lid before taking a big swig. He stared at the wall in front of him with a sour expression from the burning liquid he had poured down his throat as droplets of salty water kept rolling down his cheeks. "He pushed me face first against the wall, yanked down my pants and fucked me right there. In the bathroom of some shady night club," Brad stated, disgust clear in his voice and eyes. "I let him use me like a rag doll and betrayed my boyfriend like he never meant shit to me." He spat, self hatred dripping from his tounge like venom. James stayed silent as the younger boy took another gulp of Whiskey. The tension in the room was almost unbearable for both of them as James took out his phone and sent a text to his friend.