𝟐𝟎. 𝐀 𝐍 𝐆 𝐄 𝐋

Angel down, angel down
But the people just stood around
I'm a believer, it's a trial
Foolish and weaker,
I'd rather save an angel now
I'm a believer, it's chaos
Where are our leaders?
I'd rather save an angel down

Angel Down - Lady Gaga

"A seizure in room 56!" A voice yelled through the corridor and I turned around. My first day as a nurse and someone was already dying? I slowly walked towards the room and peaked inside. Two doctors and three nurses were standing around the bed of a tall blonde boy. He was shaking and his eyes were wide open and empty. Suddenly his whole body slumped down and the heart monitor let out a long steady sound. My heart dropped. "I need a defibrillator in here, right now!" One of the doctors yelled and another nurse wheeled one inside as fast as she could. The doctor took the two grips in his hand and pressed them onto the blondes chest. His whole body lifted and slumped down only a second later. "3, 2, 1... New load!" The doctor yelled and pressed it onto his chest again making the boy lift up once again. He repeated the action about five times before placing the grips down and letting out a huge breath. "Time of death, 2:34 am." He mumbled before leaving the room with a huge frown. "Did you see all of that?" Mrs. Vallender asked me and I looked up at her and nodded. The elderly woman sighed and shook her head slightly like she didn't want to believe what happened. "He was such a kind, open minded boy. Definitely my favorite patient." She said with a sigh and walked towards the reception. I threw one last look into the room and saw another nurse covering the boy with a blanket, shutting him off from the world to see. Mrs. Vallender called out my name softly and I quickly walked over to her. "If you see a pretty small boy with curly brown hair and a guitar in here then tell him to wait for me in the waiting room okay? It's very important." She told me before turning around and walking towards the doctor who tried to save the life of the boy. I let out a sigh and sat down in the chair behind the desk, starting to get some work done. Two hours later, I was sorting out some bags filled with blue liquids when I noticed someone in the corner of my eye. A boy with curly brown hair. He was holding a guitar and a bouquet of sunflowers in his hands. The boy was about to walk pass me when I stopped him. "Wait!" I called out and he turned around. "Yes?" He asked with a friendly smile and I smiled back. "Um, Mrs. Vallender told me to tell you to wait for her in the waiting area." I told him and he titled his head to the side slightly. "Oh? I'll go there then." He said and I smiled. "Can I help you with that?" I asked and pointed at the flowers and his black guitar. The boy nodded and gave them to me. "Yes, thank you. Could you bring them to room 56 and tell Tristan I'll be there in a second?" He asked and my smile immediately dropped. Room 56?
Oh no. "Is everything okay?" The brunette asked me and I quickly faked a smile. "Yeah, everything is fine." I lied and he nodded with a smile before walking towards the waiting room. Room 56. He was there to visit the blonde boy. Tristan? I quickly followed him towards the waiting room and saw him sitting on one of the chairs, looking at his phone. A picture was glued into his phone case. It was a picture of him and the blonde boy smiling into the camera. "Is he here?" A voice asked behind me and I jumped before turning around and seeing Mrs. Vallender standing there, looking through the window of the waiting room. "Poor, poor boy." She mumbled before entering the room and approaching the brunette. He got up as soon as he saw her and I swallowed thickly. The blonde woman placed a hand on the boys shoulder and told him to sit down wich he did. She was talking and even though I couldn't hear her because of the door, I knew exactly what she was saying. The boy's face fell more and more until he looked absolutely broken. Tears filled his eyes as his eyes darted to the ground and he gripped his jeans in his hands. He then said something as well and Mrs. Vallender only nodded before helping him up and exiting the room after him. I followed the two towards the room 56 and saw the brunette trying to open the door with his shaking hands. He took in a deep breath and opened the door. I followed him inside and one of the most heartbreaking scenes developed in front of me. The brunette slowly tumbled towards the bed where the blonde boy was still laying. "Tris?" He called out softly and stepped to the side of the bed. He fell onto his knees next to the bed and gripped the pale boys hand in his. "Trissy? Hey it's me, Brad. I b-brought my guitar and new flowers for your v-vase." He whispered and stroked the blondes knuckles softly. "I-I wanted to- I wanted to sing you a song today but now you'll never hear it I g-guess." He mumbled and let out a breathy laugh, tears streaming down his face slowly.
"Dr. Salivan already told me that you weren't good so I thought I'd come visit you sooner than planned and now... Now I wish I would have been here sooner... I didn't even get to see you smile one last time," He whispered, his voice cracking. "Or see those beautiful eyes once more." A small sob escaped his lips and he paused, squeezing his eyes shut before turning towards me and pointing at the flowers in my hands with a small sad smile. "C-can you give them to me?" He choked out and I quickly stepped forward, giving him the bouquet of flowers. The brunette placed the flowers into the vase carefully and sniffled before turning back to Tristan. He took a hold of his guitar and placed it on his lap, wiping a tear from his face. The first few notes made my eyes water as I recognized the song. "Wise men say, only fools rush in... But I can't help falling in love with you. Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? If I can't help falling in love with you..." When the song ended, Bradley slowly looked up at Tristan and stared at him for a few seconds. He let out a sob when nothing happened and I felt tears welling up in my eyes as Brad lifted his hand and stroked Tristans pale cheek before getting up and pressing a long kiss on the blondes forehead. "Goodbye, angel." He whispered painfully and I watched his shoulders shaking slightly from trying to suppress his sobs. I stood in the corner of the room and listened to Bradleys broken sobs as Mrs. Vallender spoke to me. "Would you sit down with him in the garden? I will get something to eat for him." She asked me and I nodded before taking the brunettes hand into mine carefully and leading the boy out of the room and towards the door that was leading to the beautiful garden of the hospital. We sat down on a bench and Bradley stared at the water fountain a few feet away. His eyes held so much sadness and pain that I had to look away. "Can you tell me something about Tristan?" I asked and the brunette next to me smiled slightly. "He was such a happy person... He never took anything for granted, he was grateful for everything he had..." He whispered and a tear rolled down his cheek. "How did you two meet?" I asked and watched Bradley fiddling with a ring on his finger. "W-we were in a band together until he fell sick. I remember how he told me about his sickness and I cried in his arms for half an hour but he didn't mind. I was supposed to cheer him up and not the other way around but he never complained about anything. Not even his sickness. He said, if fate wants him to fight through this then that's what he will do... But he didn't make it..." Brad told me and I felt a small tear falling down from my eye.
"At first, he only had chemo once a week and everything was going good until one day. He had to move into the hospital and I was so scared. I slept here the first nights but he told me to go home and that's what I did when he wouldn't talk to me if I didn't. The same night I got a call from the hospital. Tristan had a very bad attack of some sort in the middle of the night and I immediately drove over. I remember the doctors telling me that Tristan didn't stand a chance against his sickness and me yelling at them that he would be fine because I couldn't live without him..." Brad suddenly started shaking heavily and I panicked. "B-but now I have t-to..." He mumbled to himself and I quickly yelled for help as his breathing got heavier. Two nurses with a breathing mask came over and helped Bradley inside where he had to lay down and breathe with the mask. His brown eyes darted around the room and he looked so scared. I heard him whimper his boyfriends name as the nurses tried to calm him down by talking to him softly. The gas seemed to work as his eyes slowly closed and his limps started to relax until he was fully passed out. "The poor thing. Him and his boyfriend were so cute together..." One of the nurses said and another nodded. "And they were so in love with each other." She whispered and I swallowed thickly. Mrs. Vallender placed a hand on my shoulder. "Come on, let's go take a break." She said and we walked into the cafeteria slowly. People were sitting at the tables, eating snacks or just talking to each other. We sat down at a table in the far back and Mrs. Vallender sighed slightly. "Bradley came here every single time Tristan had chemo therapy and he waited in the waiting room, reading a book or playing a game on his phone. When Tristan was admitted to full time therapy, he slept here the first nights and didn't leave his side until Tristan forced him to. We were all happy he would finally get some rest but we were so wrong. I remember him crying into my arms when he came in the middle of the night when Tristan had an attack. We had to put Tristan into synthetical coma and Bradley was devastated. He came day after day and waited for Tristan to wake up but he didn't. A week later, he came with his guitar so he could sing to him a bit. Tristan woke up on the same day after Bradley played Can't help falling in love by Elvis Presley and the boy was over the moon. And from that day on, he brought his guitar every time he visited." Mrs. Vallender told me and a tear fell onto her shirt. "Oh my God..." I whispered to myself. When Bradley sung the song for Tristan it was his hope to wake him up; just like the last time. "I-I had so much hope for them. I really thought Tristan could win and the two would be happy together."
The elderly woman said while wiping a small tear from her cheek. "Love like the kind Tristan and Bradley had is something rare and beautiful." She whispered and I swallowed thickly.
"Excuse me?" A voice suddenly spoke up and me and the woman in front of me turned our head towards the source of noise only to find a young nurse standing there. "I'm sorry but you're needed in room 327, Mrs. Vallender." She said and Mrs. Vallender sighed before getting up and pulling me into a hug. "Watch out for Bradley until I come back okay?" She asked of me and I nodded. I would've checked on the boy anyway. The two nurses walked away and I let out a breath before walking towards the exit of the cafeteria. Walking through the hallways of the hospital I looked around and watched people with sadness and worry and people with happiness and relief in their faces until I arrived at room 61 and immediately saw Bradley sitting on the bed through the opened door. He was staring outside completely motionless with a blank expression on his face that made me sick to my stomach. "Bradley?" I called out but the boy didn't move and inch. I entered the room and came closer to the brunette. "Bradley." I called out once again and this time he reacted. His head moved towards me and a small almost unnoticeable smile formed on his lips. "Hi..." He whispered, his voice weak and his eyes seemingly drained from any color. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked gently before sitting down on the chair next to his bed. "Not very good." He whispered and I nodded. "Yeah of course... I understand." I answered and fiddled with my fingers. "Um, can you give me my guitar?" He asked and I nodded, getting up and walking into room 56. I picked up his guitar and threw a glance towards Tristans body before leaving the room again with the instrument in my hand.
"Here you go." I said softly and gave the guitar to Bradley. He thanked me and placed it on his lap, strumming it softly. "I wrote this song for Tristan about two days ago. I was going to sing it to him today but...' He choked up on his words and cleared his throat. "It's about all of the beautiful memories I have of him and... I want to sing it to you." The brunette whispered before starting to play a few chords and starting to sing soon.

"You tell me I'm a friend
But confused minds and blurred lines
Have brought it to an end
And all that is left now is where it's going to end?
And I don't know, no
It used to be enough, to have you around me
Before we said too much
Now you can't be around me
'Cause now you find it hard
Not to drop your guard
Oh, not to drop your guard

I'm breaking in to steal it all
And I'll escape with every stolen moment
That I spent with you
Call me a thief, boy if you want
But piece by piece I'll take each stolen moment

There's no way to defend
When you pull all the walls down, it's harder to pretend
That I don't want it all now
I need it even more
Every time you go
I hate to watch you go

I'm breaking in to steal it all
And I'll escape with every stolen moment
That I spent with you
Call me a thief, boy if you want
But piece by piece I'll take each stolen moment
That I spend with you
Call me a thief and if you want
but piece by piece I'll take each Stolen moments
That I spent with you
We're the puzzle I can't fix
A million pieces still missing
When I look at you and me, I still can't tell what this is
But it's out of my control
Love's a hole
You say you don't wanna fall in
But you keep falling
I'm breaking in to steal it all
And I'll escape with every stolen moment
That I spent with you
Call me a thief, boy if you want
But piece by piece I'll take each stolen moment
That I spent with you
Oh, that I spent with you
Oh, that I spent with you, eh
That I spent w-with you...
That I s-spent with y-you."

The boy's voice cracked and his words stuck in his throat. Tears were falling down his face as he looked up at the ceiling. "Why did you have to leave me?" He cried out and I got up and pulled him into a hug as he cried into my chest about the loss of his soul mate.
_______________
God jesus that was painful.
I used a new POV in this as you may have realized and I actually kind of enjoyed it. It's basically from the perspective of a stranger who tells the story. This hasn't been edited, I might post an edited version of it later on :)
Oh and listen to the song I put above, it's absolutely brilliant.

-Tris xx