The Way She Gives

"This is the NNYPD. Please step away from the shutters. All staff will present themselves to the officers for immediate arrest. I repeat, immediate arrest. All new life forms will be catalogued and taken into care. All visitors to the hospital will be required to make a statement to the NNYPD."

"The Face of Boe!" the Doctor calls out and runs to the last being left on Ward 26, "You were supposed to be dying."

"There are better things to do today. Dying can wait." the Face of Boe said telepathically to both of us.

"Oh, I hate telepathy. Just what I need, a head full of big face." Cassandra complained but was immediately shushed by the Doctor.

"I have grown tired of the universe, Doctor, but you have taught me to look at it anew." the Face of Boe said.

"There are legends, you know, saying that you're millions of years old." the Doctor pointed out.

"There are? That would be impossible." the Face of Boe said.

"Wouldn't it just. I got the impression there was something you wanted to tell me." the Doctor said.

"A great secret."

"So the legend says." the Doctor said.

"It can wait." the Face of Boe says, almost in a teasing way.

"Oh, does it have to?" the Doctor whined.

"We shall meet again, Doctor, for the third time, for the last time, and the truth shall be told. Until that day." the Face of Boe said, giving his final farewell before being teleported away in a bright stream of light.

"That is enigmatic. That, that is, that is textbook enigmatic." the Doctor said, beaming away like it was Christmas. He then turns to Cassandra, who was still inhabiting my body, "And now for you."

"But everything's happy. Everything's fine. Can't you just leave me?" Cassandra spits out.

"You've lived long enough. Leave that body and end it, Cassandra."

Cassandra lets out a big sob, "I don't want to die."

"No one does." the Doctor says.

"Help me." she pleads.

"I can't."

"Mistress!"

"Oh, Chip! You're alive." Cassandra says, looking at Chip who just entered the room, looking like he had been through some trauma.

"I kept myself safe for you, mistress." he says.

"A body," Cassandra starts, "And not just that, a volunteer."

"Don't you dare. He's got a life of his own." the Doctor says.

"But I worship the mistress. I welcome her." Chip says as he holds out his arms as Cassandra releases her life force from me and enters Chip's body, much to the Doctor's disapproval.

I collapse to the ground, feeling weakness all around, and I feel a pair of arms catch me from hitting the ground. I open up my eyes to see the Doctor staring down at me with his beautiful eyes and a smile on his face.
"Oh! You all right?" he asks, still holding onto me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Whew, psychografts are not fun." I say as I attempt to stand up, only to fall down again because of the extreme weakness in my legs. This is weird, it shouldn't of affected me this much. The Doctor grabs hold of my arm and helps me up, steadying me as I stand up again.

He doesn't let go.

And I let him hold on.

"Hello, welcome back Mel." he joked, I gave him a small smile.