The Way She Peers

"This building is under quarantine. Repeat, this building is under quarantine. No one may leave the premises. Repeat, no one may leave the premises." the overhead speaker blared out as shutters slammed down across all the doors and windows, sealing the entire hospital in.

"Keep going! Go down!" the Doctor yells at Cassandra.

Cassandra raced ahead in an attempt to call the elevator, but to no avail due to the quarantine.

"No, the lifts have closed down. That's the quarantine. Nothing's moving." the Doctor explains.

"This way!" Cassandra yells and she leads the Doctor towards her lair, Chip falling behind as more people approach.

"Someone will touch him!" the Doctor exclaimed.

"Leave him! He's just a clone thing. He's only got a half life. Come on!" Cassandra yells back.

"Mistress!" Chip calls to Cassandra, but to no avail, she has already left him.

"I'm sorry. I can't let her escape." the Doctor says to Chip, and follows Cassandra.

"My Mistress!" Chip screamed. He jumps down a chute that is labelled waste so he couldn't be touched.

Cassandra runs to the back door, only to be met with more diseased people. They were trapped.

"We're trapped! What am I going to do?" Cassandra exclaimed.

"Well, for starters, you're going to leave that body. That psychograft is banned on every civilized planet. You're compressing Mel to death." the Doctor said in a dangerous voice.

"But I've got nowhere to go. My original skin is dead." Cassandra explained.

"Not my problem. You can float as atoms in the air. Now, get out. Give her back to me."

"You asked for it." Cassandra said, then taking a deep breath and blows her life energy into the Doctor.

I groaned, the headache was a lot but it is also weird finally getting control of my own body again. Geez, I can see why it is illegal on every planet.

"Good lord, my head. Where'd you go?" I mumbled out.

"Oh, my. This is different." the Doctor said, much more feminine than ever.

"Cassandra. Get out of him."

"Goodness me, I'm a man. Yum. So many parts. And hardly used." the Doctor said. I literally face palmed. "Oh, oh, two hearts. Just like you! So, beat-y..."

"Get. Out. Of. Him."

"Oo, he's slim, and a little foxy." the Doctor said, almost seductively. "You've thought so too. I've been inside your head. You've been looking. You like it."

"You son of a--" I begin to say, but diseased people burst into the room.

Cassandra started to panic, "What do we do? What would he do? The Doctor, what the hell would he do?"

I spot a ladder near where we are standing, "Ladder, we've got to get up."

Cassandra pushes me out of the way, "Out of the way, dummkopf."

I can hear one of the people call out to us, "Please, help us. Help."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'll find a way to help you. I promise." I say to them. They look at me with pleading eyes. I am going to help them. With the help of the Doctor, or not.

Both Cassandra and I climb up the ladder, trying to get away from the diseased people, but they are climbing up with us as well.

"Cassandra, we have to get up to the highest floor we can, and quickly. They're slow, but we aren't. We can think of something when we get out there." I say.