The Way She Runs

Mel's P.O.V.

This is getting ridiculous. All this chit chatting. We are never going to fix the problem at this rate. I see a big red button and I walked over to it. I see that there was a vat of blood beneath the button. So this is where they are controlling the humans. I was right, it was blood control. I take off my perception filter and I did what everyone was told not to ever, ever do under any circumstances.

I press the button.

Of course the Doctor and all the humans look at me with wide eyes, "NO!"

"Yes." I simply reply. I turn to the Sycorax leader.

"What did you do?" the Doctor asks.

"Human blood. A positive. Blood control. Cheap form of voodoo. While you lot were chit chatting around I actually saved those people from falling to their deaths. Even though I knew they wouldn't." I explained.

"How did you know that they weren't going to jump?" Rose asks.

"You killed them!" Alex shouts.

"No, I didn't. Humans have a high amount of instinct, survival instinct. You can hypnotise somebody to sing like Michael Jackson or to lose their voice, but you can never hypnotise someone to their own deaths." I explain.

"Blood control was just one form of conquest. I can summon the armada and take this world by force." the leader shouts out. I put my perception filter back on and hide near my TARDIS again.

The Doctor butts in now, "Well, yeah, you could, yeah, you could do that, of course you could. But why? Look at these people. These human beings. Consider their potential. From the day they arrive on the planet and blinking step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen. More to do... no, hold on. Sorry, that's the Lion King. But the point still stands, leave them alone!"

"Or what?" the leader challenges.

"Or..." the Doctor starts, before taking a sword from an aide and runs back towards his TARDIS. "I challenge you."

I stare at him. He couldn't hurt a fly! Back in the war, he was always the one to run away. I, on the other hand, was a completely different story. I was a war hero. I few my TARDIS into the heat of battle, shooting Daleks out of the air. I would land and use my war sword to slice through the Daleks, often saving civilians at the same time. But it doesn't matter anymore. It's all gone, a war meant to be lost.

His voice got me out of my trance, "Oh, that struck a chord. Am I right that the sanctified rules of combat still apply?"

"You stand as this world's champion." the leader spits out.

The Doctor throws his dressing gown at Rose, and gives me a wink. I give him a sarcastic smile. When will he learn...

"Thank you. I've no idea who I am, but you just summed me up." the Doctor states, "So, you accept my challenge? Or are you just a cranak pel casacree salvak?"

OH, SICK BURN!

The insult essentially made up the leaders mind, "For the planet?"

"For the planet." the Doctor says, and they clash swords.

I almost cringe at the horrible swordsmanship. Does he even know how to duel? Geez, if I were in his position, I would be phenomenal. Not to be egotistical or anything.

"Come on, you can do better than that." I say simply.

"Watch out!" Rose yells out.

"Oh yeah, that helps. Wouldn't of thought of that otherwise, thanks." the Doctor scantily replies.