S1C3: Ice Cream and movie Parties

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure? Did something happen?" Rosie asked, seeming worried now as well.

"No, nothing happened," Jisoo answered for me, then continued to explain. "She's just been thinking a lot about people who are less fortunate and have to worry about money."

"I can't lie, I've been thinking the same since you told us about what happened." Rosie curled up into a ball as her expression fell to one of thought.

"Is there something else we can do other than just donating to a charity?" Lisa asked out loud to the room. "That can't be the only thing we can do... can it?"

"We could stop accepting gifts," Jisoo said flatly. "We don't need any of it and the money could be better given somewhere else."

"That's a good idea, actually." Lisa agreed.

"Should we message our head manager?" I asked.

"We should all send a message to ask so he knows we all want it," Jisoo said with a smile.

We all took out our phones and messaged our head manager to let him know what we decided. In the usual and speedy fashion we know him for, he texted back to let us know he understood and has already messaged Hwang and a few other high chair holders at YGE to make the change happen. After preparing the meat and getting it started cooking, Lisa and Rosie started peeling vegetables to cook for dinner as well.

It wasn't long until we got a message letting us know that a statement would be put out with a blurb of why we made our decision. It talked about how we would rather the money be used for something more meaningful and helpful. They also announced that we would be donating six million won, or just over five thousand USD to further make our point.

I can't believe that I never thought about this until now. I can't believe I just basically pretended this never happened. I've been so lucky my entire life that I never had any problem with money or wondering if I would have the ability to do whatever it is I wanted. If I wanted to go on a vacation to literally anywhere, I could go. But there are people who can't even choose what they eat because of how little money they have and how much they're struggling, and sometimes what they get to eat... is nothing. It breaks my heart to pieces. I can't believe I looked over this for so long when I was able to help...

"Jennie!" I heard Lisa yell, making me jump. "The meat!"

"Oh, shit!" I jump up and flip the meat over to cook the other side. Lisa doesn't mess with the stove much because she's somehow not good at cooking.

Rosie came running in with small panic.

"What happened?!" She said with her head raised.

"Nothing, I almost forgot to turn the meat over," I admitted.

"She looked spaced out," Lisa said with a worried expression.

"I promise I'm okay, just been thinking a lot about the whole situation..." I muttered, holding back tears.

After the incident, the other girls stayed in the kitchen and helped me finish cooking dinner. They didn't want me to get hurt while I was spacing out. I guess it's obvious that the recent events have been affecting me a lot.

We finished eating and cleaned up. Rosie and Lisa washed the dishes while me and Jisoo wiped the counters and put whatever food was left into boxes so we can take them as meals for lunches later. After that, we all watched a movie and then went to bed.

My mind raced while I laid there. I just can't shake this guilty feeling...

Y/n POV