Helena x Michiko

Helena stepped into the manor's garden and was instantly blasted with music and loud conversations. She didn't even need her cane, the sound bounced off of the walls, ground, ceiling, people, the table filled with food and drinks, the fairy lights, and the plants.  She was overwhelmed to say the least. Everyone seemed to be there; there were hunters and survivors as well as pets. She stepped back, unsure if she wanted to enter, and yelped as she bumped into someone.
"Oh, hello Helena." A soft voice said. Helena recognised that voice. She'd recognise it anywhere, even in a room where she couldn't even hear herself.
"Michiko!"  She spun around to face the tall geisha and she bowed slightly. "I-it's good to see you!"
Michiko smiled warmly and Helena's stomach flipped.
"It's good to see you too, dear" Michiko patted her head gently before brushing past her to reach the other female hunters. Helena turned around and searched the room for people that she was comfortable with. Her eyes landed on Tracy who was fiddling with her robot in the corner. Tracy didn't really like to socialise. It wasn't that she hated people, she was extremely friendly and caring. She just found robots and other inventions more interesting. Tracy had made Helena a few canes before when her other ones became too withered. Helena made her way over and greeted her before sitting down next to her.
"What are you doing this time?" She asked curiously. She didn't know much about gadgets and robots but they intrigued her to say the least. Tracy paused as she finished pressing a few more buttons.
"Me? Uhm, it's a Christmas thing.." she stopped, unsure of how to continue. Helena tilted her head in confusion.
"Oh, a Christmas addition for your robot?" She asked. She looked at the robot and saw something spiky and.. red? She couldn't tell, so she tapped her cane near the robot a few times. It was a plant of some sort hanging off of a golden hook. Her confusion heightened.
"A.. plant?"
Tracy shook her head.
"No. Well yes? Well, it's.. it's called a mistletoe. I'm just getting my robot to hang it up so people don't really notice it..." she trailed off, her face flushing with embarrassment. Helena couldn't understand why she was embarrassed. It was just a decoration, right?
"What's a mistletoe?" Helena asked. Tracy stopped to look at her.
"You.. don't know what a mistletoe is?" She questioned, clearly shocked. Helena shook her head.
"Does everyone know what it is?"
"Yeah. There's not many people who don't." Suddenly, Tracy stopped talking. She seemed to be in deep thought as she looked at Helena and someone at the other side of the room. Helena tried to follow her gaze, but couldn't tell who she was staring at.
"Tracy?" She asked tentatively, waving a hand in front of her face. Tracy shook her head and grinned.
"Sorry! Don't worry about me. Could you go to the laundry area? I'll meet you there in a bit." She said, pressing buttons once again. This time, however, the robot started to move. It stood up with the 'mistletoe' and walked into the crowd where Helena lost sight of it in seconds.
"Sure." She said, standing up and making her way through the crowd with some difficulty. After minutes of bumping into drunk people and almost getting strangled by fairy lights which had been hanging too low, she arrived at the door which exited the garden. She sighed in relief and opened it.
The laundry area was connected to the small hallway which branched off away from the dining room and to the garden. It was darker here and there was practically no sound.
'I guess it's time to use my cane again.'
She tapped lightly on the floor. The waves of sound travelled over the carpet, laundry baskets on top of cupboards, a water basin and... the ends of a kimono? She moved deeper into the laundry area. Who was that? One person who wore a kimono cane to mind but she shook her head. Why would she be here? She tapped again, harder, and the sound waves revealed her.
Michiko.
"Michiko?" She asked, shocked. The geisha was clearly also shocked.
"Helena? What are you doing here?" She queried.
"Tracy asked me to come here."
"To talk about what?"
"Huh? She didn't say."
"O-oh, right." The geisha looked away.
Michiko's POV
I looked away, too embarrassed to face Helena. I couldn't tell her I came because Tracy told me we were going to talk about her. And even worse, how to get her to like me! There was no way I would be able to live after saying that!
"So," Helena started. I looked over at her. "Why did you come?"
My mind started racing.
Don't panic. Don't panic. Don't panic. Just act calm and say.. something normal! Ah, you came here for a break!
"I, uhm, bame out here for a creak— ah! No! I came out here for a break not bame haha.." I trailed off, embarrassed beyond belief. Helena laughed lightly. I calmed down slightly. I looked at her and my mind was at ease again. Her large eyes, her small hands, her small body, everything about her was adorable! I wanted to hold her and never let go. I wanted to kiss her—
"Michiko?" I snapped out of my thoughts and tilted my head. "There's a mistletoe there."
My heart started racing. A.. mistletoe? I slowly looked up. There was the empty ceiling, then a light and then, right in between Helena and I, there was a mistletoe. My breath left my body and my heart started beating even faster. Did that mean that.. Helena and I would.. kiss? My face reddened at the thought. I wanted to so badly! It was unladylike how badly I wanted to kiss her. I looked at her.
"Do.. do you know what this means?" I asked hesitantly.
She shook her head.
"Do you?"
I paused.
"Yeah."
"Can you show me?" She asked innocently. My eyes widened.
"Sh-sh.. show you?!"
"Yeah, since you know. What do we do?" She asked. I couldn't believe this. My dream was about to come true. I gulped.
"S-sure. Of.. of course."
No one's POV
Michiko came closer and bent down until she was eye level with Helena. Helena blushed at the proximity.
"Can you close your eyes?" Michiko asked (aware that she didn't have to, however, she was still scared and nervous so it led to irrational thinking). Helena nodded and did so. Michiko tenderly grabbed her chin, tilting it slightly upwards. She stared at Helena's flush lips and paused. Could she really do this? The answer was yes. She leaned in closer and closed the gap. Helena opened her eyes in shock. She couldn't see much, but she could see Michiko's face, close to hers. She could feel her warm lips on hers. Her heart was beating crazily. Michiko pulled away.
"Michiko! Did.. did you.. did you just.. just kiss me?" She asked, flustered. Michiko hid her face behind her fan.
"... did you not like it?" She asked quietly. Helena's cheeks reddened.
"...did you like it, Michiko?"
She stayed silent, her face never visible behind the fan. Helena slowly came closer until she could push down her fan and reveal her scarlet face.
"I liked it. But not as much as I like you." Michiko whispered, her eyes finally connecting with hers. Helena was stunned with shock, but then smiled.
"I.. I love you."
"I love you too."
Helena leaned in and grazed her lips over Michiko's. Michiko smiled and closed the gap once more.
Outside, Tracy was watching with her robot, feeling accomplished.