Mafia|| Day 2

The survivors and hunters awoke to screams of terror. There were shouts of worry as people pushed and shoved to help the person, although there were a few missing. They all rushed to the garden but they were too late.
William was dead.
The survivors and hunters chattered amongst themselves anxiously. Who could've done this? Why? It was all to confusing? The detectives rubbed their chins in thought as the doctors pondered and wallowed in their guilt. The unknown mafia grinned.
This was the first step to victory.

A few hours later...
After some more searching, someone found something p near William's body— in a nearby bush. A knife was found with fresh blood. On the handle were some make up and nail polish stains. The people gathered round, each one speculating who they thought it was.
"Maybe it's Emma" someone piped. The gardener looked at the crowd in shock and fear. She shook her head fiercely. People were skeptical.
"Maybe someone who hated William." Another piped. People turned to look at Naib. He huffed and shook his head, glaring at everyone.
"I think it might be him" some mumbled.
"Perhaps a hunter? William does annoy the hunters a lot."
There was a murmur or agreement. The hunters glared at each other.
"It's not me"
"Or me"
"I'm not the mafia!"

As the people continued to murmur, a few stayed silent.
'Are they the mafia?' The detectives thought.
'I hope we can save the next person' the doctors thought worriedly.
'I hope I'm not next' the innocents prayed.
And in the shadows the mafia grinned behind their masks.

Who would be their next target?

Hey sorry for being late to responding and sorry for the very short chapter. But yeah William is eliminated. He wasn't anybody's but he was still playing as me i guess?
So now, in the comments, you guys can discuss who you think the mafia is.
When you've decided who you think it is, say who in the comments like this:
"[name]. Final answer"
You can change answers.
Alright, have fun!

Edit:
So I kinda realised there aren't many hints. I'm trying to give ya hints without saying outright who the mafia are. Take in the meaning of all the words! The clue is there somewhere. Be careful though.
I could be lying too..