Chapter 6

When the government had decided to accept the emigration of the wolves, the goddess watched but didn't have any feeling one way or the other. They were essentially humans, even if they made humans even weirder. She didn't do more than keep a casual eye on them. It was going to be interesting to see how they dealt with Folician standards of mating. She knew about the werewolves and knew their views on mating. That she was going to keep an eye on. Otherwise she really was a hands-off Goddess. With the exception of Ray and Hands. They were almost too much fun to pick on.

She'd been only casually paying attention to the newest pack, until the moons became full. That shocked her since some of them had started howling at her. Or maybe to her, she wasn't sure. It only mattered because it felt to her like when one prayed to her. She smiled at their wishes to help those that came before and thanks for their new home. She enjoyed the howled songs of their joy of a new pack as well.

It would make the idea of them being around all more interesting, but the Fates were keeping their future hidden.

Talking with Luna was interesting, as their fate was hidden from her too. Both knew that Ralph had been urged to come to Folica, but both couldn't find where that dream came from. That it came from an Entity was agreed as being True. They would have to just wait and see.

*****

Quite a few of the pack, just 'happened' to be around when the dozen pups arrived at the pack for the weekend. Ralph smiled and grinned as he greeted each of them with a hug and sniffed at their necks, imprinting their unique scent in his mind with their names. They had stayed human, as to not scare the pups, even though all three had at times shifted to their other form, and the other pups had enjoyed seeing them scampering around in their wolf forms.

All three of the pups lacked the mental discipline to be able to shift to their Were or Hybrid shape, as it took a fine balancing of the wolf and human to blend them together. Getting it to shift the first time was the hardest; it was like jumping onto a very thin board, where if you don't get it just right, you go too far and shift fully from human to wolf or wolf to human. It usually took till the wolf was in their teens to be able to do so. Sorcha was a couple of years from being able to be successful, even if she was being taught the skills that would lead to being able to handle it successfully.

Ralph smiled and gave each of the pups a cuddle before sending them off to have a snack and relax. Blue was looking around with wide eyes, surprised. He was glad that Sorcha had invited him along, as he had gotten used to curling up with her.

The older pups had heard about what happened with Hands' arrival, and were surprised when the three pups reacted better than even they did with having a mixed-gender shower. It took Sorcha a bit to explain, but soon the pups just accepted them.

Sorcha was bright, and while she was annoyed at having to take the younger classes, she had asked for and received some of the information as soon as she knew they were moving, so she could be as ahead as possible. She was far enough that she surprised the instructor when she had tested.

She flopped in her room, knowing the younger would be with their parents, and sighed happily. Blue looked around, "Nice." He commented. "What's planned for the evening?"

Sorcha grinned, rolling over to look at Blue and her other two friends, Silent Paws – who was very quiet on her feet, as silent as Sorcha when she was stalking – and Sharp Nose – who had a really good nose and went by Sniffer.

"Snack, then soak till dinner." She replied. "Not sure what else," She shrugged, "I often go for a run, then if there is time, another soak or relax till bed."

Sniffer grinned, "Sounds like an idea. Run as a wolf?" She loved the look of her friend's other form, and wished she had one too.

*****