The Voice in the Night (p.3)

Aye, so guess who's back??
It's me... SURPRISE!!

I'm genuinely sorry I took this long to update, I really don't have an excuse. I just didn't want to write anything, honest truth.

But, without further ado, here it is. After what? Four months? Here's the next chapter. Hope ya'll enjoy!!

Yours truely, Flint125

29/3/20

"My fellow task force deputies, tonight we will execute a raid on an underground chi blocker training camp located in the Dragon Flats borough." Tarrlok explains to the few dozen people that are seated in the dark and dank meting chambers.

From my spot in the shadow of a nearby pillar, I could see the board of blueprints behind Tarrlok. They showed a small bookstore in Dragon Flats, as well as the supposed secret training camp that was buried beneath it.

"According to my sources, there is a cellar underneath this bookstore, where Equalists train chi blocking in secret." Tarrlok finishes his explanation with that, prompting warbled chatter to fill the room. From one of the chairs closest to me, Korra rises and walks over, playing with her new task force get up.

"Thoughts?" She asked as she came to a stop next to me, crossing her arms as she glared at the other task force members. All of them were mingling, talking to one another and discussing different plans.

"Let's try to get home safety tonight. I'm really not in the mood for this." I replied shortly, cracking my knuckles as I did. The metal plates that covered my shoulders scraping uncomfortably through the thin fabric of the shirt.

I splayed out my palm, fire dancing across my skin. The flames were a bright yellow, and lashed out with anger and rage. After a moment or two, Korra held her hand out next to mine, copying my bending. I looked up from my palm and gave her a tight lipped smile, and with that, Tarrlok gave the order to move out.

XXX

The truck that was carrying task force members skids to a stop next to a dark bookstore. Almost immediately, men dressed in armour leap out of the tray silently and crouch beside the building, using shadows to hide themselves. Korra and I jump out last, and I instantly take up my position between Korra and Tarrlok as she peers in through a nearby window.

After a few seconds, Korra leans back and looks over to Tarrlok, the signal to get this operation going. Tarrlok nodded before throwing up his arm and making a few gestures with his fingers.

Five. Fist. Five. Two.

There's a quite squeak as a man opens the water tank that was resting in the back of the truck. The man starts to bend the water out of the tank, passing the stream onto the next bender and the next until the contents of the tank is being held by two benders. These benders hold the water in an offensive position, waiting for Tarrlok to give the signal to attack.

When he does, the benders thrust the water forward, sending a large and powerful wave of raging water into the cellar via the windows. The wave overtakes the first few chi blockers and the benders clench the water into ice, trapping the Equalists. Next, Earth benders cave in the wall, which allows the the rest of us to jump down into the cellar, where Equalists are now rallying.