The Revelation (p.1)

The next morning was slightly awkward. I woke with a pressure on my stomach and something clasped in my hand. My eyes flicked around the room groggily and found Bolin sitting on his bed staring at me. I raised my eyebrows at him and and he nodded to my stomach. I looked down to see Mako's head resting gently on my torso, using it like a pillow. I glanced at my hand and saw Mako's in my own. I looked back to Bolin, who was trying his best not to laugh and gave him a death glare.

"Why are you up, Bolin?" I said icily as I tried to move away from Mako. He groaned in his sleep and rolled his head so his closed eyes were facing his brother.

"We have training, with Korra? In half an hour." He replied as he jumped up and walked into the small kitchen. He walked back with a glass of water and passed it to me. I took a sip before placing it back on the bedside table.

"Do we?" I groaned. Bolin nodded before speaking.

"We do. So... why were you sleeping with Mako?" I went red in the face and turned my head from him.

"He was having nightmares, I was talking to him and we just... fell asleep?" I answered awkwardly, sounding like I was asking a question instead of giving an answer. Bolin nodded before sitting on the bed next to us and placing a gentle hand on Mako's shoulder. "Honest truth, Dude."

"Yeah, I know. But we should wake him up. He'll be angry if we don't." Bo said, going to shake Mako awake. I grabbed his wrist and shook my head.

"No. Let him sleep. He needs it." Bolin nods again and withdraws his hand. He walked to the entrance of our home before turning to face me again.

"I'm gonna get in some pre-training practise. See you in a bit." He said before disappearing down the stairs. I sighed and looked down at the boy using my stomach as a pillow, his face peaceful and his breathing relaxed.

"Mako, Mako, Mako. What am I going to do about you?" I murmured as I ran my fingers through his hair. He stirred in his sleep and sighed quietly, seeming to push his head into my hand. I laughed quietly before laying back against the pillows and closing my eyes, waiting for another 20 minutes before I woke him.

"Come on, Wake up." I whispered as I nudged his cheek with the back of my hand. He didn't wake, but moved his head slightly. "Get up." I say in a normal voice and nudge him again. He groans quietly as i push his cheek for a third time, but his eyes open and his breathing shortens. "Mornin' sleepy head."

"What... time is it." Mako asks through a yawn. I laugh and massage his head gently, waiting for him to move from my stomach.

"Nearly time for practise." I replied. Mako lifts his head off my stomach and flips himself over, leaning his elbows against the bed and looking up at me.

"You let me sleep?" He asks, his usual seriousness back.

"You needed it." He sighs at my response before flopping onto the bed again, arm sprawled over my torso and cheek pressing into my stomach. ""Mako!"

"Ok! I'm up!" He groans as he pushes himself up and slides off the bed. He cracks his back before helping me up. "Happy?"

"Not really. I would have preferred to sleep." I answer as I shuffle across the room and grab my outfit out from in the small cupboard containing my belongings.