And The Winner Is... (P.3)

Amon and his group of Equalists stepped off the platform, stalking towards the slowly retreating Wolfbats. They reacted suddenly, Tahno throwing a powerful water jet towards Amon, who easily evaded and moved towards the firebender. The Wolfbat's firebender tried to defend himself, sending a fire arc for the approaching foe, but his attack was rendered useless when Amon swings under it.

I turn away from the arena then, going to step for Lin and Tenzin when I noticed another small group of Equalists moving towards me. They were all decked out in masks and an electric shock glove, and they brandished them menacingly as they approached.

"You just ruined my night," I hissed, shooting forward as the Equalists prepared to attack. Two of three threw their arm forward, trying to connect their gloves with my bare arms. I slipped between them, twisting my body to the side and reaching out, grabbing onto their gloves and drawing in the contained electricity. I threw it back out at them, forcing it through the gloves and into their bodies, pushing them away as they fell to the floor.

The remaining foe took a more conservative approach, holding his glove slightly behind him and out of my reach as he circled around. I mirrored his movement, calling a ball of fire to my palms as I held them in a generic boxers stance.

"Come get me," I taunted, sending the Equalists a smirk as they moved forward, bringing his unloved hand forward for a punch. I diffused the fire in my left hand and caught his fist, twisting it painfully as I spun inside his guard, pulling his arm over my shoulder before I bent forward, throwing his entire weight over my back.

He reacted quickly, time seeming to slow as he brought the glove to brush against my exposed back as he was lifted through the air, electricity crackling as it burst across the thin material of my shirt.

But I was ready for that.

Breathing deeply, I called the electricity entering my body to my hands, funnelling it straight back into the Equalists as time returned to normal. His glove has jerked away, his back slamming into the floor as he convulsed in pain. I'd ensured to only used enough electricity to render him useless, and not unconscious.

"Forgot I could lightning bend, huh? Idiot," I chastised as I stomped a floot onto his chest, keeping him pinned against the floor. "Now tell me, what's the big boss' plan for tonight? Is he hoping to take the bending of both teams and the police force? Make a big statement that he shouldn't be messed around with?"

"Long live Amon. For the revolution!" The Equalists spat back, seeming to fumble with something in his pocket.

"Oh, please don't pull a cyanide," I sighed as I kicked his arm with the toe of my boot before resting it back on his chest. "If you don't tell me, I'll just throttle your boss until he tells me himself."

"Ha. You benders, always so high and mighty!" The man barked, sneering up at me. "That's why Amon does what he does. That's why the revolution will-"

His rambling speech drew to a gurgle when I pressed a fingertip to his forehead, sending a flash of electricity into him to shut him up. I stepped away from the three Equalists, rushing over to Tenzin and Lin and dropping down by their sides.

"Tenzin, come on. Wake up old man," I hissed as I shook his shoulders, groaning when he refused to regain consciousness. I moved to Lin, giving her the same treatment and receiving the same response. "For gods sake!"

"I believe I have you attention, benders of Republic City," A cold voice echoed across the arena. I was on my feet in an instant, staring down at the Equalist leader who know held a microphone close to his mouth. "So once again, the Wolfbats are your pro bending champions. It seems fitting that you celebrate three bullies who cheated their way to victory because every day, you threaten and abuse your fellow non bending citizens just like the Wolfbats did to their opponents tonight."

The Bending of LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara