Chapter 5 ☽

Chapter 5 

forgive me for any mistakes (:

enjoy :3

 ****

"Do you still want to go shopping or are you ready to go home?"- Mary's voice was heard, and I found myself involuntarily raising my eyes to meet hers.

"Hmm?" -I bit my lip.- "Oh, yeah. Home."- I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled away from MJ, heading to the trash to dispose the Coke I drank in the first five minutes of the movie.

"You're a idiot."- she rolled her eyes, as she saw me approach her again.

"It was you who asked me if I wanted to go hom-"

"Because I assumed that you would want to go."- Mary interrupted me.

      I sighed and put one of my hands in the pocket of my pants, while the other was busy brushing the hair out of my face and putting it behind my ear, failing miserably.

"What if you call Josh?"- I asked, as we got out of the cinema and were embraced by the vision of the mall.

"What for?"- she leaned against a metal bar, just steps away from the escalators.

"I could go home in your car and he would make you company..."- I said, shaking my shoulders. I resisted the big temptation of laughing. Poor guy. I was throwing him to the wolves.

"Yeah, I could do that!"- and, then, in her face opened up a smile and I allowed myself to open one too.

"If you need anything just call, ok?"- I asked, hugging her.

"Alright, alright. Do not enjoy yourself too much in my absence."- she chuckled.

"I'll try, I can't guarantee anything. You know the effect that Zac Efron has on me."- I laughed and turned away.- "Bye!"- I shouted over the noise around me.

"Bye!" - I heard her yell back, vaguely.

      I sighed again and continued walking towards the exit. I took the phone out of my pocket and then I took my headphones from my handbag. My steps were slow and careful because if I got lost here, I certainly wouldn't be leaving so soon. My hands were restless, trying to unwind my headphones, which seemed to have just come out of a war. I honestly don't know or can't imagine what the hell happens in my pocket.

      I took a deep breath, relieved to see the parking lot beyond those strangely familiar glass doors. I rolled my eyes and went back to put the headphones in my bag, knowing perfectly that I wouldn't be using them in the car. After exiting the monumental building, I found a strangely cold and strong wind. The night that surrounded me was now no less strong or intimidating. I started to walk even faster, reaching and entering the car in record time.

     I locked all the doors, put the seatbelt and, starting the car and dragging it out of the side of the road, I turned on the radio, keeping my finger resting on the volume button, waiting for a crazy song, so I could turn up the volume.

     I enjoyed myself, quickly changing station to station until I found one that was just asking for my voice, I felt it.- please note the sarcasm.

"I'm waking up to ash and dust, I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust. I'm breathing in the chemicals."- I breathed deep and overly, copying Dan Reynolds, laughing all the way.

     The night was getting increasingly dark and it looked like the light of the lamps wasn't having any effect on the cars that were going on high speed around me.