The Final Battle (ish)

We all started talking at once then, except Marceline, who shot us all death glares until we quieted down. "Okay. Now that that's out of the way, all of you can leave my house now. I am tired, and you all are trivial. Go fight your Ice Queen, or whatever." Marceline said. We all filed out of her house, mostly because we knew what would happen if we didn't.

But she raised a pretty good point. Why weren't we fighting the Ice Queen and Ice King? I raised this question to the group, and we all tiredly nodded, and headed to the Ice Kingdom. Somehow, Gumball ended up with me on Cake's back. I'm not sure whether it was Cake's engineering, or whether he just climbed on, but one thing was for sure; he couldn't get off until we were there. "Hey, wait a minute. Gumball, you're in danger if you come! I insist you keep safe, so I don't get distracted trying to rescue you." I said. He smiled. "Distracted?"

I shook my head. "Gumball, I've told you, I've told Cake, I've told Marceline. I think everybody has gotten the gist of it now, Okay?" He nodded quickly, and I sighed. Sometimes, its so difficult to talk to boys. There was an awkward silence for a few minutes, (which thankfully, Cake didn't make even more awkward) and then he said, "I'm not going to hide. Maybe I can distract her."

Okay, I may have gawked at him, but seriously? I just told him no! What part of that does he not seem to understand? But before I could press the point of him not helping, we arrived. "Stay. Here." I whispered to Gumball. He shook his head, and I ignored that, pretending he would listen to me anyway. I peeked around a rock, and saw the Ice King, the Ice Queen, and a bunch of penguins.

No immediate threats. I listened to what they were saying. "Ice Queen, you're so cool! Will you teach me to be as cool as you and take down Finn and Jake?" That was the Ice King, and the statement was punctuated with little giggles, as though he couldn't believe she was there. Ice Queen was looking at her fingernails. "No. You're an idiot." She said. I nodded slowly.

She wouldn't suspect anything. "Now, tell me how you managed to kidnap Bubblegum so many times with those heroes around." She commanded the Ice King. He looked surprised. "Well, its not that hard. You just have to surprise her while Finn and Jake are out. Do you want to kidnap her too?" He asked. Ice Queen glared at him. "No, you fool! But my Gumball is always hanging out with that tomboy- it's so sickening! And I want to marry him." I glanced back at Gumball.

He looked like he was going to be sick. So far, so good. Not. I looked back to the Ice monarchs. "Well, why do you want to marry him? I'm here. I'll marry you, and you can live in my dungeon." Ice Queen looked at him like she would look at a cockroach. "You're an imbecile. Why on Earth would I want to marry you? And on top of that, who would stay in your dungeons?" She sneered. Ice King looked like he was trying to come up with a good answer. "Um... well, I don't know. Finn and Jake always bust out whatever princess I have down there."

Ice Queen laughed at him. "You're so stupid, Simon Petrikov. Oh yes, I know your real name. You know who I have in my dungeon at home? Marshall Lee, the vampire king, that's who." I gasped. "And further more, I just might marry him, if I get home before that little tomboy rescues him. I don't see why she should get all the boys." I felt sick to my stomach. "We have to go back and rescue him!" I whispered to the others. "Why are we even here?" I continued. Everyone looked in another direction and scratched their heads, except Gumball who looked at his shoes. "If it was me in her dungeon, would you go save me?" he whispered. I nodded furiously. "Good." He said. And then he kissed me.

Um, okay. Did I somehow not stress the point that I had a boyfriend who needed saving? Yes, I did. Several times. And then I noticed the Ice Monarchs were quiet. And then I saw a shadow fall over the back of Gumball's hair. (He was taking up most of my vison, naturally.)  I didn't need Gumball and his science to tell me it was the Ice Queen. And it was pretty obvious she wasn't pleased. But we were all kind of frozen in blocks of ice, and carted down to the Ice King's dungeon.

When I finally melted (and Gumball melted his lips off mine) completely I ran over to the bars. "You guys have dealed with this before, right? How'd you get out before?" I asked Finn and Jake frantically. They sort of shrugged. "We pretended we were having a party one time." Said Finn. "And once, the Ice King was keeping us captive, and we kept fainting when we saw his monster Princess bride. She eventually fixed the problem on her own." Added Jake. "And once the Ice King's heart, Ricardio-" started Finn.

I hushed him. "None of those are helpful against the Ice Queen. Apparently she's not stupid like the Ice King." I sat down and began to think. Gumball sat down beside me. I knew exactly what Cake was thinking when she had that smile on her face. "Not helping Cake!" I practically yelled. She went off somewhere else with her simper. I eventually came up with a plan.

"Gumball, remember when you turned yourself from fifteen back to 19?" I asked. He nodded. I smiled. "Remember how you turned back?" He nodded, catching on. We each had a bar on one side of us. Suddenly he kissed me. Really, really, really passionately. I heard Finn mutter to Cake and Jake, "All I got was a love hug." When I opened my eyes, all of the bars were melted. Sweet. No literally, I still had the taste of Gumball in my mouth. We all rushed up stairs. A sword seemed to materialize in my hand. Excellent.

I didn't have a plan. But that's okay. It all worked out in the end. If I had a plan, I would have tried to stick to it, and we would have ended up down there again. So we all dashed up to the throne room. Ice Queen was furious. Her eyes started glowing, she was so mad. And then came the ice-wads, destroying the Ice King's palace. He didn't seem that bothered. "How did you escape?!" The Ice Queen shreiked. I grinned at her. "You don't want to know."

That just made her madder. "TELL ME NOW!!!" I chuckled and said, "You're still not going to like it. But fine. Do you know how Gumball turned back into a nineteen year old?" Ice Queen shook her head. I nodded, laughing from the thrill of it all. "That's okay. Because you see, only the heat from a really passionate kiss could catalyse the trnasformation... and melt all of the Ice King's bars in one go."  I knew she wouldn't like it.

She turned into a shreiking banshee, hurling random wads of ice everywhere. I ran towards her, took a flying leap, and knocked off her tiara, and then I knocked her out. "Okay. That's done." I said, dusting off my skort (skirt and shorts combination, not a typo) and smiling. Ice King started weeping ice tears. "What have you done? I loved her." He sobbed.

I frowned at him. "Idiot. She's not dead, I just knocked her out. And by the way, she would never have gone for you in a million years. She's a cougar." I gestured towards Gumball, who shuddered. I rolled my eyes. He's such a drama prince. (Well, Marshall's more of one.)  I had always arrived to rescue him before he was put in any serious danger, like having to kiss that crazy old witch (no, she's literally a witch). Ice King didn't seem to notice that though, and didn't seem to notice when we took the Ice Queen with us. We had to get going.