Finally, something interesting happens!

Okay, so we were all digesting that really awkward statement when a blood curdling laugh turned my blood to ice. I think I don't need to tell you who it was. She zoomed up out of the invisible line, laughing that weird laugh and aiming random ice shots at all of us, even Gumball. Need rejection, kid? This is what happens when you reject a woman too much. She becomes a crazy pyscho and tries to kill your friends.

You may be wondering why I kept calling Finn kid. I knew his name. I just found it weird that he was a male version of me... and 13. I was 15 when we crossed the invisible line into Ooo. Anyway, the crazy Ice Queen was cackling and stuff like that (by which I mean trying to freeze our heads and kidnap Gumball) and I was trying to get up close to her so I could take her out, but she kept blasting me whenever I got close. I wished for Marshall. If he wasn't holding me in his arms, he'd fly up there invisibly and take out the Ice Queen.

I opened my eyes (when did I close them?) and looked around to see if I said that aloud. I do that sometimes. But either I hadn't, or no one was paying attention. And then the Ice King showed up. It occured to me that he just followed Finn and Jake around (yes, I knew Jake's name too). Anyway, even though he was kind of creepy and super old, the Ice King was finally helpful; he had a huge Ice Battle in the sky with the Ice Queen, allowing all of us to sneak away. Well, I did have to drag Finn away.

Apparently he found the Ice Battle epic. I would have too, except I had to tend to matters of the heart versus matters of the Ice Queen. As soon as we were a safe distance away, Gumball and I sat down a small distance away from the others. A glance over my shoulder supplied me with the knowledge that Cake was keeping the boys away.

"So..." he said. And then I got kind of confused, and kind of fed up, and kind of impatient, and said, "Listen Gumball. I didn't want you to find out that way. But I like you and Marshall both the same and I honestly couldn't make a descision, until he was the first one to ask me out, okay? It's not my fault that after two months of my own personal knowledge of my feelings for both of you, Marshall Lee was the one who asked me out, not you, even though we've known each other longer." I turned away from him.

Where had that come from? It wasn't like me to say stuff like that, even if it was the truth. I got up, unsure of my feelings, and walked over to Cake. "I talked to him." I told her. She looked back at Gumball, no doubt gazing after me hopefully, and said, "Yeah, I can see that. What did you say Fionna? Are you leaving the demon?" I started walking away, and she followed me, leaving Finn and Jake behind and unguarded. Finally she caught up to me. "Of course I'm not leaving Marshall. But I told him things I haven't even told you."

Cake looked hurt. "Like what?" "Like stuff I knew I would have an issue with you about." I said, dodging her question. Cake's eyes started to tear up. "You trust a boy more than... than, me?" I sighed. "Okay, I didn't tell you this, but I like them both the same. I realized about two months ago, and frankly, Marshall was the one who made his move first, and I accept that." Cake's mouth opened and closed, like a fish. "But Gumball made his move first!" I gave her that look I had given her earlier when I suggested she should see a doctor. "Cake..." Cake almost dragged me back to the others. "He did! He did! Don't you remember that night on the terrace when he kissed you three months ago?"

I frowned at her. "What do you mean, Cake?" She stopped, and said, "Remember? Ice Queen kidnapped you?" I shook my arm free. "Cake, I'd never let myself be kidnapped by the Ice Queen." I started heading back to the boys of my own free will. Cake jumped in front of me and looked around suspiciously. "She had help. The demon betrayed you!"

Okay, that was laughable. I shook my head at her and sighed. "You almost had me there, Cake." Cake tried to persist in pairing me and Gumball up (like I knew she'd do) as we strolled back to the boys, but I could tell when she was lying. It was actually laughable. Cake sighed, and finally gave up trying to blame Marshall for something he didn't do. "Okay, fine, but Gumball made his move first. And even if he didn't, the Ice King thought he did! And yeah... actually so did the Ice Queen!" She said, shoving the fanfiction in my face.