Chapter Seventeen

----Payton McCoy----

On the car ride to Stiles's house, I could feel him sneak glances at me. I never looked his way, even though I wanted to. I am too embarrassed that I freak out over a cut like that in front of him. And, part of the reason is that I am still embarrassed  because I still have not looked at it. My hand is still in a fist as I sit down in the kitchen waiting for Stiles to come back. I just keep replaying over and over in my mind how gentle he was with me and how he got me to calm down. The way he looked at me was just the most softest and kindest thing I have ever endured. It sent chills through my whole body and even more when he continued to make me feel better by hanging out at his house. Stiles is amazing, I just thought he was great before, but he just keep proving that he gets better with more time I spend with him.

"I'm back." Stiles announces, sitting next to me "You can look away if you need to."

And, that is what I do. I turn my head as I open my hand so my cut palm is visible. I jump a little when I feel a cold spray come in contact with my hand. A creamy substance is spread over the cut then I hear the sound of paper rip. When the bandage is stuck to my skin and hidden over the cut, I turn my head. Stiles moves his hand and our fingers brush over each other gently, our eyes shot up at each other and then fall quietly. I blush slightly still being able to feel his fingers on mine, lingering.

"I'm going to go put this back and grab the movie. You can wait for me in the living room."

"Okay." I say, quietly "Thank you."

"No problem." Stiles says, picking up the first aid kit.

I go into the living room then I sit down on the couch. I slip my shoes off then place them on the side of the couch, out the way. Stiles comes down a few minutes later and places the movie in the DVD player. He sits down next me and I figure this would be the perfect time to ask him if he knows Derek. Derek is the one who told me that he knew Stiles and Stiles can probably tell me why he seems so creepy.

"Do you know Derek, he just seems to pop up everywhere and he says he knows you."

Stiles's head snaps over to me, he opens his mouth then closes it and cups the back of his neck with his hand. I know that he does that a lot when he is nervous or trying to cover something up.

"Yeah, I know him, he is a friend of ours and he tends to pop up randomly a lot."

"Isaac was with him when the twins attacked me." I explain "I didn't even hear any of them come, it's like there ninjas or something."

I raise my eyebrow at Stiles hinting that if he knows something he should tell me. Stiles just looks at me until the doorbell rings and I can tell relief comes over him as he rushes to get the door.  I sigh, he definitely knows something and I'll get it out of him eventually. I have a feeling that it is going to be something relatively easy and my paranoia has gotten the best of me.

"One pepperoni pizza." Stiles calls then puts the pizza on the coffee table.

Stiles opens the box, I grab a napkin and put a couple of slices on it before we both sit back and watch the movie. When the Joker comes up, Stiles instantly snickers a little bit which causes me to look at him curiously. He looks at me then points to the Joker and looks back at me.

"The famous Joker look there."

I nod "Yeah, what about it?"

"My aunt does her make up just like that." Stiles snickers again.

Without even recognizing it, I burst out in laughter and then cover my mouth before I embarrass myself again. Stiles gives me a weird look with an amused smile on his face. I avoid his look. You have got to be kidding me. I refuse embarrass myself twice in one day. I never laugh because I sound like a total geek, it is okay until I snork followed by a weeze that sounds like my nose is stuffed up.

"Is your laugh that bad?"

"Yes, it's weird." I mumble "It's embarrassing."

"Are you kidding?" Stiles says, appalled "Girls with weird laughs are extremely cu--creative."

I raise my eyebrow as he stammers really quickly and then blushes. I could feel myself smile at his rosy cheeks. He looks so adorable when blushes, I just want to pull him close to me and pinch his cheeks. Just to make him blush even harder, he is so cute.

Stiles and I eventually go back to the movie. I would steal a couple glances then turn away quickly before he could notice. I even  was about to inch a little closer to without him noticing. A intense scene is on, it is full of action and so many things are happening at once. Not to mention Christian Bale looking extremely sexy as the role of Batman. We are into the movie that we didn't even notice that Sheriff Stilinski has walked into the room. We jump as we hear the front door slam then he walks into the living room and looks in between us.

"Hello, Payton." Sheriff Stilinski greets.

"Hello." I greet, quietly.

Sheriff Stilinski's eyes shuffled back over to Stiles and Stiles smirks at his Dad then narrows his eyes at him. Sheriff Stiles chuckles lightly before hanging his jacket up and then he places his keys on the table by the door. He then goes into the kitchen, Stiles gives me a small apologetic smile. Once his father comes out of the kitchen he stops at the stairs then waves at us.

"Not too late, Kids." He says "There's school tomorrow."

"Good night, Dad." Stiles says, hurriedly.

Once he is gone we turn our attention back to the TV and I resist my urge to inch closer to him. I did not want his father to come down and see me moving closer to his son. I didn't want anyone to know about my crush on Stiles yet, I just want to keep myself on track at the moment. I don't want a relationship at this moment. Of course, I want to cuddle up to Stiles and talk to him about nothing all day. Who wouldn't want to around this adorably sweet boy all day? I would love it, but I need to figure out what the hell is wrong with my mind before I even think about pulling Stiles into my twisted crap. If I felt like I need to tell him I will, I trust him enough to know that he won't judge me about this. At least, I hope I can trust him with this information.

"Do you want a ride home?'' Stiles asks, turning off the DVD and TV.

I shake my head "No, I feel like walking."

Stiles and I stand up from the couch and he walks me to the front door. I open the door, I step on the porch then turn to face Stiles who is leaning against the doorway. I would love a ride home, I need to clear my mind a little bit and him being in my presences just seems to intoxicate me even more. He is like a poison, the good kind, if there is a such thing. Also, the twins are probably looking for me and seeing Stiles's jeep would probably be a red alert. It is easier to hide from them than you think, they just caught me on a bad day and completely off guard.

"I'm sorry for freaking out earlier, open wounds aren't my thing."

"I'm sorry for my Dad being weird, anyway, you don't need to say sorry. You'd do the same for me."

"And, that's where you're wrong." I pause "You would have to treat that all by yourself."

We both chuckle then I place my hand on his cheek. He stops then looks at my hand before my face. His mouth is agape and his hazel eyes are now twice the size it was before. He turns slightly pink. I fight the desire to kiss him on the cheek and smile at him widely, no teeth.

"Stay sweet, Stiles, see you tomorrow."

"Yeah-Yeah, see ya." He stammers.

I walk off of the porch then I start to make my way home. I peek over my shoulder to see Stiles has his hand over his cheek where my hand rested previously. That boy is something very great.

~*~

Sorry it's been a while, college life is hard. Please comment on the chapter.