"What are you insisting, Tas?" Samira pressed.

"Follow whatever your gut is telling you."

After Tasneem left, Samira wandered out alone, taking a long stroll, hoping to find some guidance on her own. Her gut was silent for the rest of the day as her mind was too boggled for her to comprehend anything.

It was late by the time Samira began to head home, but she was still wide awake, figuring out how else to spend the night.

Harry: Do you want to get some waffles? By the docks?

Samira smiled at the thought, but she had to be considerate for Harry's sake.

Samira: it's late, u sure?

Harry: Of course. And I miss you.

Samira: Oh ok. 🥺 meet you there.

Samira's heart was in her throat; he said he missed her.

Nose and ears cold, she walked in the dark, accompanied by only the street lights. Her breath clouded the air and the breeze whisked the curls of her hair.

As she walked, she heard footsteps behind her. They were fast, almost startling her, so in the rush of the moment, she turned around with her fists. A body bumped into her abruptly. Her hands loosened when she heard that particular laugh.

"God!" Samira exclaimed, watching Harry giggle his ass off. "You have to stop doing that, man."

Harry wouldn't stop laughing; Samira felt her stomach flutter. Hair curled around his ears beneath his beanie. His nose was red, his eyes were lively, and his lips were rosy. A black jacket nestled him from the cold.

He's so fucking cute.

He wrapped his arms around her, calming himself and holding her tight. Samira didn't hesitate to take up every second of his hug.

"How are you?" He asked, mumbling into her shoulder.

Tell him.

"I'm alright," Samira replied, letting go of him. "Uh, I wanted to apologize for the other day."

"For what?" Harry batted his eyes, lost.

Samira swallowed, scratching her head. "For being a bitch. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have—"

"No, no," Harry interrupted, clicking his tongue. "No need."

Samira frowned at his kindness, awaiting honesty—she wanted him to confess his feelings.

Harry stared at her for a moment, reaching out to touch her curls.

"You look like a lion," he said, chuckling.

A surge of heat rushed into her cheeks. "I uh, showered and left it like this."

"It's nice this way." Harry complimented, then looked at all of her. "Where's your Georgie coat?"

Samira blinked a few times, bewildered. That yellow jacket never saw another day because he didn't like it, but he couldn't know that.

"It wasn't heavy enough for the weather," she justified.

"Oh," Harry said nonchalantly, beginning to walk. "It grew on me."

Knowing well that if she spoke at this moment, she would gush nonsense; she decided against replying to his surprising remark.

After devouring their bubble waffles, they sat at the docks. Feet dangled above the water, they rested their arms on the railings. The sound of wading water passed through the air as they gazed at the stars ahead.