"I think I always have. It just didn't hit me until he did that."

"We all knew except for you." Mahnoor rolled her eyes.

"Yeah . . ." Samira mumbled in defeat. "I kinda don't know what to do. I told myself I wouldn't date again, and Wapa is already looking for some guy, which I don't wanna worry about. And I also kind of rejected Harry," Samira explained. "God, this is a mess."

"Damn." Mahnoor sighed. "How are you going to fix this?"

"I have no fucking idea," Samira answered. "I have to apologize first, at the right time. But I'm not gonna do anything else."

Mahnoor glared at her. "Okay, but don't lead him on." She sipped her bubble tea, murmuring. "You do that without realizing."

Samira frowned, thinking of those moments she had with Harry. "Maybe that's how he caught feelings? Because, God, we are so flirty sometimes."

"See?" Mahnoor added. "Don't get sucked in. He is still white."

"It'll be hard not to." Samira thought of Harry's face, sighing in adoration. "His stupid smile has my whole heart."

"Well, take it back," Mahnoor rebutted.

"Okay, whatever," Samira said, changing the subject. "What's new with you?"

"Don't scream, okay?"

A smile lit up Mahnoor's lips, causing Samira's heart to hammer. This had to be the news she'd waited for since Mahnoor's marriage.

"You're pregnant?!" Samira squealed, covering her gaping mouth.

Then Mahnoor closed her eyes, sighing as she shook her head. "No . . . but we started trying."

Samira lost her breath, promising herself she wouldn't scream as her palm remained over her mouth. Mahnoor reached her hand out, squeezing Samira's shoulder and adding a sense of calm.

"Chill," she stated, smiling. "Make dua for us, okay?"

Samira nodded, holding a stupid grin on her face. "Okay."

After another hour of window shopping, Samira drove Mahnoor home before the rain got heavier. Before getting home herself, Samira went to the store to grab some junk food for the binge-watching she had planned for the night.

She discreetly opened the door of the home, hoping no one would catch her with the unhealthy snacks, but there Wapa was, staring at the grocery bag in her hand.

Wapa snickered, taking the bag from her hand. "Planning on going to the gym this week?"

"Nope," she replied, without her usual sunshine. It wasn't a question she wanted to be asked.

"Alright," Wapa replied, clearing his throat. "How's Mano?"

"She's good, alhamdulillah."

"Good."

The choppiness of the conversation made Samira chuckle; normally, he'd have something to tell her about, but instead, he stood silently with his lips pursed. She could see the two dimples on his cheeks, the same ones she got from him.

"Do you need anything, Wapa?" Samira asked, snorting.

Then she saw a sheepish grin.

"I thought we could go for a drive," Wapa suggested.

Samira swallowed; a drive alone with Wapa meant he wanted to talk about something serious. Drives like these were sometimes pleasant and sometimes not.