29

It's a crappy chapter but I felt like at least here's something for disappearing for a while.

________

A break would have been nice, but instead Soobin was met with a mess.

His group had safely made it to 2020, winning an acknowledgeable amount awards along the way.

It was still so bizarre to think that their small team could reach so many fans in such little time.

Soobin was sure they were doing something right at least.

But for some odd reason fame hadn't really hit the leader yet.
Sure, he knew he was very much in the eyes of the public, yes he knew that fans and reporters were always watching him.

But, for all that he knew, Soobin was still Soobin and hardly felt as though he was an idol.

He would have small moments where he would pause and think 'wow, loads of people know my name'.

It was kinda scary, if Soobin was being honest.

He'd had that sort of moment early this morning, having woken up feeling strangely refreshed from a good sleep, body completely relaxed.

He'd grimaced at the sun that somehow found its way around their curtains, and rolled to face away, his arm hitting the solid figure of their maknae in the process. Of course Hueningkai had decided to sleep in Soobins bed that night.

Some whining and one grumpy Kai later, Soobin managed to convince the boy to go wash up early so they could get extra work in today.

The leader could enjoy a few more peaceful moments to himself before starting the morning routine.

Until it was inevitably interrupted.

Not by a member, or their manager, or even by that weird alarm clock Beomgyu owns.

Instead it was from his own phone, which he'd reached for as soon as it buzzed.

Most of the time it was their manager, giving their timetabled schedule for that day.

Instead Soobins heart stopped, jump started, and then skipped so many beats the boy thought he was going to have a heart attack, at the contact name displayed on his phone.

'Stray Kids Bang Chan'

All bodily functions deceased and Soobin was left feeling as though the void had hit him.

'Hey there :) I hope you remember exchanging phone numbers a while back, I was curious as to if you'd want to meet up sometime? I know an arcade we could visit - Bang Chan'

Soobin couldn't help but cough at the words he'd just read.

Bang Chan, the Bang Chan, wants to go to an arcade with him, Soobin.

It has taken him the day to really process the situation.

Even thinking about it now, in the early evening, was a little nerve wrecking.

The leader had confided in Yeonjun as to what he should do - and after some pouting and promises as to it not being a date - the eldest said go for it.

Of course Bang Chan was just being kind, his invitation to ease Soobin into connecting with other idols better.
He'd made the promise to keep in touch backstage at an awards show, and I guess the Stray Kids leader keeps his promises.

After thinking about how to reply all day Soobin managed to type back:
'Sounds good, send me the date, time and address :) - Soobin'

Soobin was very proud of his smiley face.