2

Of course Taehyun felt bad for dismissing the elder like that but he just didn't feel able to open up about this new found trait.

From what he's read, the people like him - the Littles - have had a variety of responses from their close relations. Some accept them for their need to regress, some even go on to be caregivers of that Little which Taehyun thinks is admirable. However it's the last response that worries the boy.

A significant number of people in the community have reported being shunned or disowned by their families and friends due to this need for extra care and comfort. He could see why this could be weird for people on the outside of all of this. A grown adult - or a teenager in Taehyuns case - acting like a child could be seen as strange. And he didn't want his family to think of him as strange.

"Hyung, the car's here," Hueningkai poked his head round the members shared bedroom, "you ready to go?" They were off to a company meeting.

Taehyun nodded and finished his shoelaces before joining their maknae to the front of the dorms.

Everyone was already in the company car, feeling tense.

Every meeting was important and stressful no doubt about it, but this one was with Bang PD himself, who will decide if their group can make the final steps to debuting. This is where all their hard work will be assessed, and if their boss doesn't think they've made the right progress he can terminate the whole group.

To say their nerves were on edge would be an understatement.

They were all confident that they had put 110% into everything they've done under Bighit so far, so why were they so nervous?

Taehyun caught Yeonjun silently taking their leaders shaking hand into his own and smile lightly at him. Taehyun ached for that reassurance. From anyone.

Maybe it was different for Yeonjun and Soobin to reassure each other - seeing as they've danced around the idea of a relationship. But Taehyun just needed to be physically grounded right now.

The car pulled up to the main office building and each member piled out, the two eldest having separated their hands by now.

"You've got this guys, just be honest, everyone has done exactly all they needed to do and you couldn't have put more effort in if you tried," Soobin gave one last reassuring smile to the group before he turned into business mode and strode into that building.

Without even so much as a pat on the back to Taehyun.

Maybe this was Taehyun overreacting but why is it fair that Yeonjun and Soobin got to hold hands and he didn't?

He pouted to himself as he followed his members.

______

The meeting had gone awfully.

I mean, they were accepted to debut which is very exciting - however Taehyun just wasn't feeling the same ecstatic energy as the others.

Hugs went around and each of them hand an arm around one another all the way back to the dorms, but to Taehyun it just didn't feel comforting.

He wanted comfort, not to be jumped up and down.

By this point they had all made it into their living room with takeaway ordered in celebration. And Taehyun wanted to cry.

They had seen each other cry before on several occasions, some more than others. But it was rare for Taehyun to show signs of a teary eye.

He was on the end of one of their sofas, smooshed next to Hueningkai who was holding his hand. He loved this contact, but it didn't feel right.