13

Thank you for 6k reads :))

~~~

Not that Yeonjun minded that his second maknae was seemingly in little space.

He found it rather cute to be honest. It was just a shock, is all.

But, what was he suppose to do?

Should he confront the boy? Tell Soobin? Let the little be?

Of course the maknae in question didn't feel Yeonjuns sudden anxiousness. He sat grinning at the animated scenes he was seeing on TV.

Taehyun appeared to be enjoying himself, too. Of course the shy boy had scooted closer to Yeonjun to feel safer, but he was having fun with the other little nonetheless.

Making up his mind, Yeonjun relaxed back into the sofa cushions and allowed the youngest members to have fun.

He would question Kai in the morning. He wouldn't allow Soobin to get stressed over anything yet. Until the situation was confirmed, no other party needed to be involved.

"It's almost time for you boys to head to bed," the eldest reminded his dongsaengs.

The two huffed but paid little attention to Yeonjun.
After a day filled with negotiation and elevated discussions, he knew that his members would need a good nights sleep, otherwise they'll be cranky for tomorrow's schedule.

"C'mon then, let's get you two ready," Yeonjun declared, standing up.

"But almost finish!" Hueningkai pouted.

"Well then you can watch the rest tomorrow, hm?"

Kai hugged his elephant to his chest, seeing this as a reasonable suggestion.

After deciding that teeth cleaning would be the next priority, the eldest lead his maknaes to the bathroom, where they all stood crowded in front of the mirror.

This bathroom facility was reasonably spacious, however having three relatively grown teenagers bunched up together didn't prove that point.

Yeonjun felt pride in his little one, Taehyun, for being able to coordinate applying toothpaste to his toothbrush and starting to work it into his pearly whites so well.

His little hand held onto the bottom of Yeonjuns shirt as a sort of coping mechanism for having an 'outsider' (Hueningkai) with him.

No wonder they didn't discover Taehyuns little space tendencies earlier, because the boy was just good at taking care of himself.

Hueningkai on the other hand was struggling to keep the brush in his mouth, due to vigorous brushing motions.

"No- no, Kai sweetheart, like this," Yeonjun smiled at the attempt, taking the brush from the younger and demonstrating the correct pressure he should be applying.

"Feels better, huh?" He asked, Kai giving a foamy smile back in response.

Rinsing their mouths and taking it in turns to use the other facilities of the bathroom, the three all ended up in the bedroom, having already changed into Pyjamas.

Taehyun was helped into his section of a top bunk, and after some whining and pouting Kai was allowed to sleep with Yeonjun.

Soobin and Beomgyu would join them after they had organised their time tables, the eldest just hoped it wouldn't take long.

"Well done for being so good getting ready for bed," Yeonjun called out. "Sleep well little ones,"

Kai snuggled into his hyungs neck and fell into dream land.

___

When the oldest woke up however, Hueningkai had already removed himself.

This was a little strange seeing as their maknae tended to be the last one up, but due to last nights events Yeonjun suspected that the boy had scampered off in embarrassment.

And of course, he was right.
Hueningkai lowered his head whenever Yeonjun or Taehyun were present, cheeks burning.

The poor kid was so out of it he messed up his moves and looked utterly lost.

Today's schedule was pure dancing, something that Kai usually excelled in, so it was a little obvious to the other members that something was up.

Being the good members they were, they made sure to ask quietly if he wanted a chat and he declined all of them, until Yeonjun took it upon himself to offer support.

"You know," Yeonjun started, taking a swig of his water. "You really shouldn't be embarrassed," they were leaning against the cold wall for a lunch break.

"I know about little space- from Taehyun- if it wasn't obvious by now," Kai gave the eldest a glance, feeling absolutely exposed.

"I'm not going to judge you, neither is Taehyun or Soobin. Beomgyu doesn't know anything about little space yet but I'm sure he'll be accepting too, so don't feel like you'll be picked on," he assured.

"You weren't suppose to find out," Kai stated.

"Yeah no kidding, but I have and there's no going back now,"
And as an after thought he added, "if you don't want me to get involved with you like I did last night then okay, but if you need me around to look after you, Soobin and I would love to,"

Kai gave his hyung a skeptical look, not totally understanding that he wasn't being ridiculed yet.
"You'd do that?"

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't mean it, dummy," Hueningkai rolled his eyes.
"Of course we'd love to, then you'd really be our baby,"

Kai's cheeks flared at hearing the name.
When the boy didn't answer Yeonjun carried on, "we could try it out, whenever you're ready,"

"How are we going to tell Soobin?"

"Either you can do it yourself, I can help you, or I can talk to him later on, your call,"

After deciding that Yeonjun would privately discuss with Soobin their situation, the two rejoined the rest of the members at the water dispensers, with Kai feeling somewhat calmer.

Yeonjun shot a somewhat victory smile at Taehyun, letting him know that he'd made progress.