Chapter Eight-Music To My Ears

Thanks guys for reading and supporting <3 Special thanks to my new follower JaneHansen8 (I see you), who also added my story to one of their reading lists!

Enjoy the next part of your (almost) daily scheduled program :)

Ruby xx

(Yancy Pov)

After some chats about our depressing past, hugs and smaller chats, Iz saw that (y/n) kept looking at that guitar. Just giving constant glances every now and then.

After a while Iz decided to ask um about it.

"So, do you play any instruments?"

"Yeah, guitar actually."

"Well, there is one right there, why don't you play somethin'." I said pointing to the stand leaning on the back wall.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, Iz would love to hear you play. And.... maybe sing, if you can."

Without any further hesitation, (y/n) picked up the brand new looking guitar, putting the strap around their back, while resting their arms and hands on the guitars own musical arm.

"So I just wrote this randomly one day when I was feeling a little down, It's called 'prom queen'."

(y/n) sat on the sofa across from me, and started playing.

(A/N: Again, sorry if you don't play guitar or any other instrument, I told you it was for something special ;) )

Enjoy the lovely song 'prom queen' By the amazing Catie Turner.

(I thought it was quite fitting. Also if you are a guy, just change the pronouns and stuff, just use your imagination. I've tried to keep it gender neutral throughout this, but when it comes to music it's a little difficult. I still apologise though.)

Credit to the lyrics go to 'Skylar Hayes' on YouTube :)

As soon as (y/n) started to sing and play guitar, my heart and soul was sent straight to heaven. That sweet, angelic voice trailing out of their soft lips into my ears which was as breathtaking as the rest of them. A blissful sound, that filled the room, lighting it up greatly. It made me feel calm and at peace.

(y/n) sweetly sang about how they wanted to 'be somebody to someone.' To feel wanted, to feel needed. To feel loved. 'But that's not me, I'll never be prom queen.' They feel as if it it will never happen to them, that they will never be special or important, to anyone.

Iz knew (y/n) was talking about themselves, as they said they wrote it when they were feeling down one day. In my eyes, (y/n) is prom queen. They are important, so important and special to me. Also, Iz knew exactly how it feels to not feel wanted, Iz has felt it my whole life, until now.

Ever since (y/n) arrived it was like a gift from God himself. They had finally given me a purpose, a reason, to still be here alive. Every time Iz sees them they fill me with joy, they just light up the whole room around them. Their smooth voice makes you feel relaxed and at ease, but that singing voice brings you to a different dimension and sensation of life.

When they strummed their last chord, all Iz could do was give a huge smile and say-

"Wow, oh my gosh that was amazing, youses is so talented." I say with a completely stunned look on my face.

"Really? Are you sure? I didn't think it was that good, and-."

"No, Iz don't want to hear youse say another word of that sentence, because that was beautiful, and Iz isn't just saying that."

Come on Yancy, this is youses chance.

"(y/n) to me, Youse are prom queen, the queen all together, and youses is really special to me (y/n), you want to know why?"

Yes, come on this is perfect, (just like them).

"Why?", They replied giggling softly.

Ok, come on just say it, youse got this

"because I-Iz really like youse."

There youse go Yancy, it's out. Oh God, it's out. Iz didn't even think this through, what if they don't like or actually love me? Omg Yancy what did youse just do??

"Really? Y-Yancy I-"

(y/n) was annoyingly interrupted by their beeping watch, reminding us that it was now 1.15pm, which meant lunch was over, and we had to head over to gym.

"*sigh* we have to go, I can't believe that the time went by so fast, that's unfortunate.", (y/n) said while getting up and putting the guitar back on its stand.

What was more unfortunate, was that there were two options for our workout session. However, one of them was a special club/room that you had to train to a certain level and apply for, so that meant me and (y/n) would be separated. Again.

"I'll see you afterwards ok?", they said with a small smile.

"and yancy?"

I looked up at them, "yeah?"

"I really, really enjoyed this, thank you."

Iz was hoping they would say something else, but that was also really nice and releaving to hear, as Iz loved it too.

As painful as it was, we headed out to gym, going our separate ways.

Sorry that this isn't as long as the chapters usually are, but there should be a second one coming out shortly after this one :).

Edit:After a comment telling me about a certain gender mistake in this chapter, I changed it immediately. So if you were an early reader and this seems a little different, that's why :)