2.8

|BangChan's POV|

i wrapped myself around hae-won like she was my everything. and the truth is

she is.

"you really do remind me of the koala!" she said,hugging the stuff toy instead of me. i pouted. "hae-won,you've been hugging the stuffy for hours now,when are you gonna hug me?" she look at me and hug me,leaving the koala between our bodies.

its been an hour,i was playing with hae-won's strands of hair while she was asleep. then,the door knock.

"chan,i need to talk to you," woojin appeared at the door. i shushed him and pointed at the sleeping hae-won beside me. he looked over and gave an 'ok' sign before going out.

i slowly untangled my arms from her tiny body and stood up,walking to the door quietly,not wanting to disrupt her cute sleep. i turn the doorknob slowly and walk out of the room with a sigh of relief.

"woojin,you needed something?" i asked,looking around to see him sitting on the chair at tue dinner table...with yurin. "hey,chan," she greeted. i waved back and sat beside woojin.

"chan,we need to talk about this,its clearly important for you," woojin mentioned. i nodded and listened.

"chan,you have to look at this," yurin passed me a file,with 2 sheets of paper. i peeked inside to see one word. 'engaged'. the only word to make me know whats happening. i widened my eyes and look at both of them. i gave a lop-sided smile and stood up.

"im sorry,yurin,but i cant," i said. "but chan,its for the business," she explained. "my parents and your grandfather has already agreed for this to happen,its already too late," she continued,taking the files away from me.

i slam the table,pretty sure waking hae-won up.

"yurin,i say im not doing it," i clenched my fist tightly. "but chan⎯⎯"

"i'll skip the event,for me,for hae-won," i disrupt her sentence. "who's hae-won?" she asked. a doorknob turned sound was heard,i look to see hae-won walking out,rubbing her eyes from the sleep she took.

"what happened?" she asked. i walked towards her,grabbing to her side. "its nothing,you should go back,you seem very sleepy," i said. she nodded and turn back around. i peck her forehead and close the door behind her.

"thats hae-won," i pointed at my room,expression changed fully. yurin's lips turned to an 'o' and back to a straight line. "is there anything else?" i asked. "no,just that⎯⎯"

"you can leave then," i said. "but chan,this is very important,if you don't go and skip instead, your grandfather will⎯⎯"

"either hide hae-won or kidnap me back to his mansion,locked up in there like a prisoner. i know whats going to happen,yurin. ive been in that stupid mansion for over 10 years and i took 2 years to convince him that i could live in a house with a friend,i know whats coming for the both of us,yurin,for me and hae-won," i said,in only one breathe. i pushed her out of the apartment and close the door shut.

"chan,you know its safer if you obey him,"woojin suggested but i declined it right away. "i rather die than being forced to marry a women just for business and money," i said,coldly.

before woojin could ever say anything,i walk into my room and shut the door close. hae-won jumped and look at me. "its okay,my hand slipped," i said,laying down on the bed beside her.

"is everything ok?" she asked,hugging me. "yes,everything's alright,we're alright,"

lies.

"just promise me one thing," i said. she hummed and look at me. "promise me that whatever happens,you'll always be with me,no matter where you are,call out my name," i said,holding her hands.

"no matter how far we are,call me,you know my number," i continued,tightening my grip. "no matter how deadly wherever you are,you will avoid it and sat still till i come and get you away from that horribly scary place," my grip tighten more,i could see pain on her face. i release her hands and pull her in for a hug.

"chan,something happened,didn't it," i sigh and look down. she stroke my back and ruffle my hair softly. "i promise," i smiled.

"i promise i would never leave you," she said,i smiled and broke the hug. hesitantly,i wanted to kiss her lips but i was nervous. i never had a kiss before so yeah. she knew and pull me in. i broke it and cover my face with my knees,feeling embarrassed.

"first kiss?" i nodded. she chuckled and mumbled "how cute," i quickly look at her and pouted. she smiled and pat on her lap.

i lay my head down on her lap and played with her fingers like a baby. "hae-won," she look at me. "do you wanna know what happened?" she nodded. i sat up and hold her hand.

"but promise me,you won't be mad," she look at the blanket then at me,smiling. she nodded. i exhale and look deeply into her eyes.

"the girl just now,was yurin," i saw her smile curling downwards. "she came to tell me that⎯that,"

"chan,if you can't say it,its ok,i'll find out myself eventually," i shook my head,telling her its better off if i tell her now. she nodded and kept quiet,giving me time to start.

"can i just say a word?" she nodded. "engagement," she frowned again. i sigh and nodded. "its for business," i said.

"oh,then it must be very important," she responded,smiling but im sure she was holding on to herself. "its just for money and success,none of that has anything to do with love,and not to mentioned i never liked yurin," i said in one breathe and look down.

"but its business,chan,"

"my grandfather is already rich from being the top 5 bests businessman of all,why does he need to make more? is that really not enough or does he not know how to appreciate living," i clenched my fist,my hand now white as ever.

"then,what are you gonna do?"

"nothing,really,just skip the event like it was nothing,"

"thats bad,wouldn't your grandfather do something if you do that?"

"of course,he will,"

"we should avoid being in trouble and have you go to the event,"

"hae-won,i don't want to be with yurin,i don't want to,"

"but its simpler then having your grandfather bring trouble to us,"

"no,im not going,its final. we're going to be together as long as we live,"

"but⎯"

"whatever trouble is coming for us,we'll solve it together," i smiled,turning to her. her eyes slightly bigger. she smiled and nodded.

"you should head home,its late," she look at her phone and stood up to wear her bag. "woojin,i need to send hae-won home," i said,entering his room.

"ok,stay safe," he said,i nodded and walk out the apartment behind hae-won.

finally,at her doorstep,she looks at me and hug the koala again. "goodnight," she bidded. i smiled and wave at her. "goodnight,"

●●●

should this book be
a few chapters longer or do you
want it to be 30 chapters?