chapter two

Chapter two

The rules

“Who the hell are you?” Mike bellowed standing from his spot besides Anthony on the floor, pointing a finger at the mysterious guy in the middle of the room. Buzzes of energy streaked around him, he smiled, his smile was so eerie it sent shivers down my back. He was good looking, I couldn’t deny that but everything about him screamed run away in my ears. His eyes, we’re the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen they seemed to change color from a pulsing bloody red to a neon mix of blue and green, and his body was lean, as if skin was nicely laid over a hard layer of muscle. “I’m your worst nightmare,” The man smiled winking at Mike. The man looked over to me stopping his gaze so that we were looking into each others eyes, it felt like I could see right through him… His eyebrows shot up and took a few steps towards me. I shuffled back hitting my back on the wall, “Don’t be scared,” he said looking me in the eyes, “I won’t hurt you…. Yet” he smiled reaching his hand out, waiting for me to hold it, I looked away and pulled my legs up to protect myself, “Very well,” he said straightening out and walking back to the middle of the room. “You are on my property,” he began shaking his head as if apologetically, “So you must pay me back in return,” he said cocking his head to the side seeing Nicolette give him a look of disgust, “Hey bud, Don’t even think about…” she said but was cut off by Anthony, “I’m sorry but we didn’t bring any money with us,” his voice trembling as if he were talking to the principle of a school who was scolding him. “I’m not looking for money, you see you must pay me at a more…. Valuable cost,” he paused wondering what words to use. “We don’t have anything you’d want,” Kaydon said standing from his cuddle with  Sabrina, “Oh on the contrary you do, you see I think of you as… delicacies, food you can say, don’t worry I won’t eat you, I’m just a little interested in what’s under all of that,” he said menacingly, “Look, I don’t know who the hell you think you are but you are playing one sick joke,” Mike fumed pointing his finger at the man. He smiled and flashed his hand out from inside his jean pockets, a zap of some red light flashed past and hit Mike in the arm causing him to scream in pain. His knees wobbled and he fell to the ground. “Now I am no joke, so please do not irritate me, I am not in the mood tonight,” he said scratching his head. The man never took his eyes off of me, even as he walked around the room. I don’t know but there’s this sort of, essence about him that just creeps me out, I knew coming here in the first place but now we’re stuck with this psycho path who can shoot lightening bolts. “Who. Are. You.” I asked a little breathless, I saw his face change from menacing to soft, why does his face change, “ My name is Eurynomous but please my darling call me Ellie,” he smiled, his face as charming as I’ve ever seen, but those are the most dangerous. “Oh my God I think I’m gonna puke,” Nicolette said besides me pointing her finger in her mouth and making a gagging noise. “SHUT UP YOU BRAT! You’ll be first to go!” Ellie roared, his hair shimmering to a bright red with brown and orange streaks flying all over the place, as if a fan was in his face. Nicolette widened her eyes shocked a his hair but quickly got over it with a harsh laugh, sometimes I think Nicolette is too headstrong, she’s going to get herself killed one day. Or seriously hurt. “Yeah okay whatever you freak.” Nikki said crossing her arms in front of her chest and pouting. “Fine, alright let’s get this over with, I am going to give you a riddle, you have to solve it. If you can’t then you have to go through the house to the roof, but you must get there by seven o’clock or you’ll be doomed in stay in these walls.” he said pursing his lips as if to think of more. Eurynomous… Eurynomous… where have I heard that name before… I stared at his face, trying to remember all the names and faces I’ve read up on the internet. No, No, No, NO! it can’t be him, he’s not real! My eyes widened in shock as I stared into the face of evil. Words sputtered out of my mouth, “y. y. your, t. t. the p. prince of d. .d .darkness…” I mumbled, trying to get to my feet and run for the door. “Nuh, uh, uh,” Ellie smiled. He whipped his hand in an arc in front of his chest and threw me against the wall with a black and purple mist. “No one is leaving, especially not you, Now do you want the riddle now so we can start or do you want to die now,” he hissed harshly, narrowing his eyes. 

I stared in disbelief, “y.y.yes please, I mean the riddle.” I stumbled, still pinned to the wall. It felt like a half ton brick was on my chest, why did we have to come here, damn it. “Well then here we go:

Through the night stands I

Though I stand alone I stand with might

I alone can bring the light

I alone will save us from the evil bite

Who am I?”

He asked tapping his chin with his index finger and roaming his eyes around the room as if pondering. “Any guesses?” he asked looking around the room connecting eyes with all except me, I tried to keep my eyes from touching his. He waited ten seconds before clasping his hands together grinning the most devious grin I have ever seen, and said “Then we shall start.” With a clap of his hands we all spiralled into a deep darkness floating in a black void, with nothing to hear but Ellie’s evil laughter.