Chapter 21

Everything Piper needed was in her backpack. Flashlight, sleeping bag, pillow, some snacks, and water. Piper threw on the sweater that Alex had given her so many months ago. "Mom, I'm going to sleep over at Nicky's house. See you tomorrow!"

"Okay honey, have fun." her mom replied. Since Alex had passed, Piper's mom had been letting Piper do basically whatever she wanted without questioning it, as long as she didn't think that Piper would be put in danger. For this Piper was grateful, because she knew for sure that her mother would not approve of what she was about to do.

Piper rode her bike over to the forest on the outskirts of town. Without too much difficulty, she found the clearing where she and Alex had had their first official date.

The worn blanket that the two girls had spent so many hours on was still there. The color a bit faded, a few more holes, but it was the same one. She shrugged her backpack off of her shoulder and took out the sleeping bag and pillow, laying both down on top of the blanket.

Before she knew it, the sun was setting. Piper watched the sky change from a soft orange to pink to purple and finally settle at black. Then the stars began to come out.

The forest was silent as Piper stared up at all of the stars. She snuggled down into her sleeping bag. The last time she used it, she was with Alex. The sweater was Alex's. Even the pillow had been Alex's at one point. In fact, everything in this clearing reminded Piper of the beautiful girl. It was almost as if she was there with her.

As Piper closed her eyes to go to sleep she whispered, "Alex Vause, I love you, forever and always."

It may have been the wind or her half asleep mind playing tricks on her, but as Piper was seconds before sleep she swore she heard Alex's familiar voice saying, "I love you too Piper Chapman."

~~~

Over the next few months, every thought she had was about Alex Vause. Sometimes the thoughts were happy, sometimes sad, sometimes filled with rage and anger. There was nothing Piper could do to stop it.

Every night, she had nightmares. And they all end up being about Larry.

In the days leading up to the trial, Piper grew to be more and more angry with him. Just when things were going perfectly between her and Alex he had come along and ruined it. He had torn apart her life for his own selfish reasons. And Piper couldn't stand to let that go.

Yes, he was definitely going to go to jail. But jail was much too good for him. Piper knew what she had to do.

~~~

The day of the trial, Piper arrived at the court house a half hour before Larry and went over her plan one last time.

Thirty minutes passed in the blink of an eye. Piper saw him walking up the steps of the court house, a police officer on either side of him. As he walked into the building, Piper went to greet him.

When Larry saw Piper he looked scared. He knew what she thought of him.

"Larry, can I speak with you for a second, over there?" Piper said as sweetly as she could, motioning to the next hallway over. The security guards looked at her suspiciously. "I'm not going to do anything, I just want to talk to him for a second."

She began to walk away, Larry hesitantly following behind her. They rounded corner after corner and it was only until Larry realized that they had moved so far away from everyone else before he asked, "Piper where are we going?"

"Just shut up Larry," Piper said, turning around sharply. She walked towards him, and Larry found himself cowering in a corner. Piper reached into her pocket and took out a small gun, turning it over and over in her hands. A look of pure terror spread across Larry's face.

"Piper, please no. Please. I'm sorry. I was wrong Pipes, please don't do this. I promise I won't bother you ever again."

"I'm know you won't," Piper said, pointing the gun straight at his head.

BANG!

Larry crumpled to the ground, dead.

"Rule number one, never fall in love with a gay girl."