Chapter 11

Larry ran over to Piper and threw his arms around her. Over the blonde's shoulder he saw Alex sitting on the bed, who was obviously annoyed that he had ruined the moment.

            "Oh," Larry said as Piper pulled away from him, "We're you two in the middle of something?"

            "Actually, we were," Piper replied, "Alex and I were... ummm..."

            "Having a moment, right? Sorry, I didn't know you were like that Piper." Larry said.

            "Like what?" Piper questioned angrily.

             Larry stood there awkwardly, his eyes darting around the room, looking at anything but Piper and Alex.

            Alex stood up and walked over to Larry. "She asked you a question Larry. Like what?'

            Obviously intimidated by the brunette's massive height, Larry whimpered, " Like... gay... I never thought you'd end up being like that. I thought better of you Piper. I thought you were a better person than that. Jesus Christ, how could you do this to me?"

            At this, anger flared up in both Alex's and Piper's eyes.

            "EXCUSE ME?" Piper exploded. "YOU THOUGHT BETTER OF ME? MORE LIKE YOUR DISAPPOINTED THAT I DON'T WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU OR SOME BULL SHIT LIKE THAT. SORRY, THAT PART OF YOUR LITTLE FANTASTY ISN'T GOING TO COME TRUE."    

            Piper punched Larry square in the face. He fell to the ground, clutching his jaw, with tears in his eyes. "Larry Bloom, if you ever talk to me again, I swear to god I will kill you."

            She stormed out of the room. Alex followed close behind and was about to leave the room when Larry said, "Tell Pipes that I'm sorry."

            "Not a chance kid. And by the way, if you ever call her Pipes again, I will personally kick your ass. That's my thing."

            She turned swiftly on her heel and slammed the door behind her.

~~~

            Alex  found Piper sitting outside alone. As she got closer, she could see that her face was gleaming with tears.

            "Pipes, are you okay?"  Alex asked, obviously concerned.

            "No Al, I'm not. I can't believe he would say those things. He made it seem like being gay was a bad thing." the blonde replied.

            "Listen, Piper, don't listen to that asshole. If he ever bothers you again, tell me, okay? I'll take care of it." Alex said, taking Piper's hand in hers. "Come on, let's get the fuck out of here."

~~~

            It took the two girls about fifteen minutes to find Nicky. She was basically on top of another girl.

            "C'mon Nicky. We're leaving." Alex said, pulling her off the girl.

            "Call me?" Nicky asked the girl.

            The trio hurried out of the house, and piled into the car for the second time that night. Once again, Piper and Alex sat in the backseat together, with Nicky driving.

            Alex lay down, putting her head in Piper's lap. The blonde looked at Alex and smiled. "Thanks for everything Al." Piper leaned down and kissed Alex.

            The brunette sighed softly, and for the billionth time that night, her smile stretched from ear to ear. Nicky looked over her shoulder at the two girls and smirked.

            "Hey, not lesbians. No sex on the backseat, okay?"