Chapter 8

The next month passed by in a blur. Every day was more or less the same. Waking up early, going to school. The only thing that made certain days stand out to Piper was the time that she spent with Alex.

            They hung out almost every day after school. Sometimes Nicky as there, but recently Piper and Alex started hanging out alone more and more.

            One day after school, Piper got a text from her old friend Polly.

            Hey Piper! Haven't heard from you in a while. I'm having a party at my place this weekend. Do you think you can come? You can bring a couple of friends if you want.

            Ecstatic, Piper texted Alex to ask if she wanted to come with her.

            Hey Al! My friend from my old town is having a party this weekend. She said I could bring a couple of friends. Do you and Nicky wanna come?

            Within minutes after sending the text, Alex responded.

            I'm not much of a party person, but I would love to meet Polly and obviously hang out with you :). Nicky and I will be there!!

            Grinning from ear to ear, Piper told Polly the good news.

            Great! Polly responded. I'll see you soon!

~~~

            Piper glanced anxiously at the clock. Tick, tick, tick. Time seemed to slow down these past few days. All she wanted was for the weekend to begin. Piper was so excited to see Polly, and even more excited for Polly to meet Alex and Nicky.

            Brriinnngggg. Piper jumped out of her seat and rushed out of the classroom to Nicky's car. Somehow, Alex had beat her there. She smiled when she saw her.

            "Hey Pipes," Alex said. "Excited?"

            "More than you can imagine. I miss Polly so much."

            "Yeah, but you like us better than her," Nicky said from behind Piper, "Right Chapman?"

            Piper turned around and smiled at Nicky. "Of course Nicky," she replied with a laugh.

            The three girls piled into the car. This time, Piper and Alex sat in the back of the car, Nicky sitting alone in the front. Piper laid her head on Alex's shoulder.

            "Thanks for deciding to come. I think it's gonna be a lot of fun." Piper said.

            "Of course Pipes. I don't think I could last a night without seeing you anyway."

            Piper smiled at Alex, and now more than ever Piper wanted to kiss her. She couldn't help it. And she almost did. "If only Nicky wasn't here," Piper thought.

            Alex casually put her arm around Piper, and before she knew it, Piper was fast asleep. In her sleep, Piper looked so happy. So peaceful. And so beautiful. Alex smiled as she looked at Piper.

            "Damn," Nicky said, looking through the rearview mirror, "Vause you better stop staring at her like that or else everyone's gonna think you really like Chapman."

            "I don't care if they think that, because it's the truth." Alex blushed.

            "Damn Vause, blushing? That's a new one. You must really like this girl."

            "Nicky, I think I'm in love with her."