Chapter 12

Nicky dropped Piper off at her house at 1:30 am. Piper walked into the house, a huge smile on her face. As she was going up to her room, she heard a voice behind her.

            "What're you so happy about?" Cal, Piper's younger brother, questioned.

            Piper spun around and said, "Nothing Cal. Just had a really great night."

            "It's about Alex right?"

            Piper didn't respond right away. "No, of course not," she said with a smile.

            Cal smugly pushed past Piper and smirked over his shoulder, "You hesitated. It's definitely about her."

            Piper stood in the hallway for a minute and then ran after her brother.

            "Please don't tell Mom and Dad," Piper whispered.

            "Don't worry Piper, your secret is safe with me."

~~~

            Piper woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. She had just had a terrible dream. She had been hanging out with Alex and Nicky at Nicky's house. She went outside to get some air. Suddenly the house had exploded behind her.

            Piper grabbed her phone and called Alex. She needed someone to comfort her. After three rings, she picked up.

            "Pipes, what's up. It's like 3 am," Alex mumbled sleepily.

            "I'm sorry," Piper said, "I had a bad dream and I guess I just needed to hear your voice."

            "Pipes, that's adorable. Are you okay?"

            "I am now."

            "Good, cause I need to fucking sleep." Alex laughed. "I'll call you first thing tomorrow Pipes. I heart you Piper Chapman."

            "What the fuck is that, I love you for pussies?" Piper joked.

            "It only works if you say it back."

            "I heart you too Alex."

~~~

            Piper woke up to her phone buzzing. Blinking the sleep out of her eyes, she looked the clock on her night table. It read 12:45 pm. "Shit," Piper smirked. She looked down at her phone and saw that it was Alex.

            "Hey Al, what's up?" Piper said sleepily.

            "Jesus Pipes, did you just wake up?" Alex responded.

            "Umm, actually yeah. I think this is the latest that I ever slept."

            "Good job Pipes. Anyway, I was think we should do something." Alex said.

            "Like what?"

            "Like a date or something. Isn't that what normal people do?"

            "True. What do you wanna do?"

            "Don't worry about it. I'll be at your house in 45 minutes."

~~~

            "Mom, I'm going out with Alex." Piper called to her mother.

            "Where are you going?" her mother said, appearing at the top of the staircase, "I'm not so sure if I like this Alex girl. She doesn't seem like a good influence."

            "Mom you don't even know her. And I don't know where we're going, she said that it's a surprise."

            Cal walked up behind her and whispered, "Ooohh, how romantic."

            Piper turned around and nudged her brother. "Shut up," she joked.

            "Piper, how about you invite her to sleep over here tonight. Maybe I could get to know her more."

            There was a knock on the door. Alex.

            "Okay Mom, I'll ask her. I gotta go. That's her." She turned briskly on her heel and walked out the door, closing it behind her.

            "Hey Pipes," Alex said, kissing her softly, "Let's get out of here."

            Piper followed after Alex, and soon they found themselves standing outside the vast forest that stretched along the outside of the town. "Follow me," Alex said, a smile on her face.

            She darted into the forest, Piper hesitantly following her. Before she knew it, they came across a clearing. A small stream trickled along the right side of it. In the center of the clearing, a blanket was laid out, sunlight streaming onto it. Alex produced a couple sandwiches and cans of soda from her backpack. She sat down on the blanket, and patted the ground next to her. "Sit down Pipes," Alex smiled.

            "This place is beautiful," Piper said as she sat down next to the brunette.

            Alex reached for her glasses and put them on top of her head while saying, "I know right. I used to come here all of the time. No one knows about it, well except for you, so it's a great place to go when I wanna be alone."

            "I'm the first person you told about this place?" Piper asked, "Wow, you must really like me," she joked.

            "I do really like you, you idiot." Alex said leaning into Piper and kissing her softly.

            The two girls lay down on the blanket, the sunlight streaming through the tree tops onto them. They lay there for hours, wishing that those hours could last forever.