Chapter 14

The next few months went by with little conflict. Alex and Piper's relationship was flourishing. Both girls were doing well in school. Piper's parents hadn't found out that Piper was gay. And to top it all off, Nicky had even found a girlfriend.

            But then one night in late January, Piper got a phone call from an unknown caller. She was hanging out with Alex, Nicky, and Nicky's girlfriend Lorna. "Guys, I'll be right back. Just wanna see who this is."

            Piper picked up her phone and as soon as she heard the voice on the other side of the phone, her heart dropped. It was Larry.

            "Hey Piper!" Larry said hurriedly, "I wanted to know how you are? I'm really sorry about all of those things that I said to you. I didn't mean it. I was just surprised and jealous and I don't know Pipes, I just love you."

            "Fuck you Larry," Piper said, hanging up the phone before she could hear his response. She didn't want to  hear anything else that Larry had to say. She walked back inside. Alex immediately noticed Piper's change in mood.

            "Do you want to talk about it?" Alex said, pointing down the hallway to her room.

            "Yes," Piper said, grabbing Alex's hand and basically dragging her over to the room.

            As soon as the door swung shut, Piper began to cry. "Jesus Pipes, what happened?" Alex asked, sounding worried.

            "Fucking Larry happened. I cannot stand him. He thinks th-"

            Piper was cut off by her phone ringing again. She looked down at it and threw her phone across the room angrily.

            "Let me guess, Larry?" Alex said. Piper nodded in response.

            "I'll take care of it," Alex said confidently.

            She walked over to where Piper's phone was and picked it up.

            "Hi, Larry?"

            "Hi Piper!"

            "This isn't Piper you idiot. Leave her alone. She doesn't love you Larry."

            "Alex? Is that you? I get it, she's in love with you right? I think that's bs by the way. She would never love you. I know Piper. And you know what Alex, she loved me. So fuck you. You ruined everything."

            Alex laughed at this. "Larry, you obviously don't know her as well as you think you do. Because you're wrong. So fucking wrong. Do not call this number again. Good night Larry. I hope you have a nice, lonely life," Alex said, hanging up the phone.

            She saw Piper looking over at her from across the room, a soft smile on her face. "I don't think you're going to have any more problems with that asshole." As Alex walked over and sat next to Piper, the blonde leaned in and kissed Alex.

            "What was that for?" Alex said, smirking.

            "That was for you being so amazing. Thank you Al." Piper said.

            "It was my pleasure Pipes. Anything for the girl I love."