Deeper than Still Waters

Start from the beginning

The group of the Kuchiki manor sat next to one another, calling up memories and the regular case of nostalgia. Whereas the fresh face beauty just observed the history intertwined with gazes and laughter of long time friends. Careful to not disturb the energy with her newness . Ichigo, so far, is the only one she know and he was her opponent at the moment. Rangiku jumped besides her at the victory of making the small ball in the red cup. The man with gentle features, golden hair with bright blue eyes, smiled at the woman. Taking the cup, chugging it back as if the burning liquid didn’t affect him at all. “Nice one Matsumoto.” the adonis spoke

Kira, she found out was his name when Rangiku expressed her own thanks. More of a distraction since Ichigo bounced the small white ball back to her and landed in a cup of Jägermeister. The one drink she was trying to avoid more than Shunsui’s sake.

Groaning, Zephyr brought the cup to her vision, looking to Ichigo, a crooked smile before she spoke. “You would aim for this one huh?”

Ichigo shrugged his shoulders, smirking. “I didn’t mean for that to happen.”

Apparently she was too guarded. Something he automatically picked up on for how quiet she was. She didn’t know his friends all to well and Ichigo wanted her to loosen herself even more. Given what they were playing, he didn't know what he was getting himself in to. But he did insist that she stay around, take a load off and unwine around a group that didn’t discriminate her or even judged her. She was just someone who they welcomed without prejudice. And to be frank, she welcomed them too.

Zephyr could tell that Renji, Ikakku, Yumichika, and Rangiku were the most outspoken from the group. Rukia and Chad were a close second in that department being that they were the observers and mediators before anything else. Orihime always had a positive energy with her and a damn good vibe despite the known rivalry when it came to the gglue of the group. Kira was timid but didn’t mind speaking his thoughts, same with Hanataro who was now bartending against his will. Uryu kept to himself but always made it known he was there when the occasional debate happened between him and Ichigo. It was a funny sight, and she could see the love and respect around them. She could see why he was the one everyone gravitated to. He balanced it all out.

Ichigo.

The protector. The knight in shining armor that connected everyone that was here. Zephyr didn’t know the story on how the pieces of the different personalities intertwined together, but she knew that it was something worth learning about over drunk banter and laughs.

Like now.

Guffaws and laughter to the poolside caught her attention. She didn’t understand exactly what was going on but the way Rukia held her stomach laughing in hysterics as Renji joined her while Yumichika kept his hand to his mouth, keeping his laughter from escaping.

“I do remember that!” Orihime spoke through her chuckle.

Ikkaku mumbled under his breathe, taking a small sip of the drink and craning his neck. “Let it go already.”
Hanataro, feeling the second hand embarrassment, prepped another drink at Ikakku's ready.

“I’m sorry man, but that wig did not fit. Not one fucking bit.” Renji added, on the brink of tears.

Zephyr snickered to herself. The little time she came to be around them, she couldn’t fathom the though of Ikakku wearing a wig. He looked better without it.