"P-Please Kaden!" Beth cries, staring at the floor.

"You've always been a good actress Beth. So shut the fuck up with your cries and tell me why you are really here!" Kaden grits out.

She suddenly stops crying and looks up at Kaden with pleading eyes. "I-I need some money for d-drugs."

"Unbelievable, fucking unbelievable." Kaden throws his arms up in the air, looking around in disbelief. "Using my daughter, pretending you care, so I would give you drug money!" Kaden then walks up to her and squats down in front of her.

"Please, that's all I need then I'll go!"

"You're pathetic Beth. I should shoot you in between your eyes right now." She starts to shake her head.

"P-Please Kaden, Raymond won't help me." Everybody in the room frowns at her and takes a threatening step forward.

"Raymond? What the fuck do you mean, Raymond?" I watch her face drop.

She chooses not to say anything. Kaden doesn't like that and wraps his hand around her neck and then lifts her up. She is literally dangling in the air, clawing at his arms.

"You're gonna tell me what you know, Beth, because if you don't, you better start praying." He growls out and then throws her on the floor.

She lands on a whimper and looks up with watery eyes.

***

"Avey, are you and daddy okay now?" Lily whispers. I'm sat on Kaden's office chair and she is cuddled up on my lap; her little head resting on my chest. She asked about Beth but I just told her that she was just a crazy lady.

"Yes, baby." I stroke her hair and she looks up at me with her big brown eyes and smiles.

"Good." She nods.

"Don't worry, Lily, Auntie Elena will make sure they stay together." Elena winks at Lily as she sits on the other side of Kaden's office. Aleksio is sat next to her, admiring her tattoos.

"Shouldn't you be with the others, taking care of you know who." I ask Elena and she shrugs.

"I'm on protecting duty, plus they've got Ruben." She casually shrugs.

"What are they going to do?"

"Question her,-" she looks at Aleksio and Lily to make sure they are not looking. "-torture her." She mouths and slides her finger against her neck.

"Okay Elena." I roll my eyes and she smiles brightly at me.

***

Kaden

"I just want d-drugs." Beth stutters and continues to fidget in the chair.

"Shut the fuck up. Tell me what's going on with you and your brother, Beth." I get a knife and hold it up against her neck. She whimpers, tears falling down her spotty face.

"He'll kill me, I can't Kaden!" She tries to lean her head back as much as she can, she looks up at me with fear.

"You're dead either way." Elijah tells her from behind me.

"Speak, Beth!" I push the knife further into her neck, drawing blood.

"No, no, no!" She shakes her head and only makes it worse for herself.

"Five....."

"Kaden!"

"Four...."

"Please!"

"Three..."

"You're hurting me!"

"Two.."

"Okay, okay!" She clenches her eyes shut and then looks at me. "He made me fake my own death, he knew I didn't want Lily but he wanted a child. He wants Lily!" She looks away from me. "I know she's better off without me but Raymond wants to take her from you. He's always been jealous of you Kaden and he wants you to burn to the ground."

"What's his next motive, Beth?" I tilt my head.

"W-Well..."

"TELL ME!" I shout! I can feel my blood start to boil.

"That annual c-congress meeting between all Mafia groups. H-He's planning on targeting you there. Ava as well." She releases a shaky breath. "He's working with a guy named Jamie."

I step away from her and look at Elijah, he nods at me. "I'll start making a plan."

This congress meeting is in two fucking days. We've all got to attend, even Lily and that puts me on edge.

"You're not going anywhere!" I threaten Beth.

💛