11

Chapter Eleven| Ava

"Avey, I miss daddy." Lily whimpers as I help her get into her pyjamas.

"You'll see him tomorrow, sweetie." I say, trying to cheer her up. She sniffles and nods.

"O-Okay." I tuck her into one side of my bed.

"Will you be okay? I'll only be in the living room if you need me." I tell her, stroking her curly hair.

"Yes." She smiles up at me.

"Night, sweetie." I kiss her forehead and go to walk out of the room.

"I love you." She mumbles tiredly before falling asleep.

I freeze and my eyes water.

She loves me and even though it's been a short span of time, I can't help but love her the adorable girl too. Who wouldn't love Lily and her bright personality?!

"I love you too, sweetie." I whisper and make my way out of my room.

Charlie isn't here, he has gone to hang out with Harley.

A couple hours later and I hear a knock on the door. I look at the clock and see that it is ten at night.

Who would be knocking on the door this late?

I walk over to the door slowly and look through the peep hole. I sigh when I see the back of Kaden's head. Opening the door I smile but it quickly drops when Kaden spins around and pulls me into a tight hug.

"You okay?" I question him when he tightens his arms and buries his head in the crook of my neck. My eyes widen when I feel tears, I try to pull away but he refuses to move. "Kaden, what's wrong?" He lifts his head but keeps his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Don't leave me, Angel." He pleads and pushes me further in the room and shuts the door behind him.

"Kaden, babe, you're not making any sense." I furrow my eyebrows and look up at him.

"I really like you, Ava." He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist, he walks over to the sofa and sits down with me on his lap.

"I really like you too." I smile and wipe away the tears on his cheeks. "What's wrong?" I whisper gently.

"I'm gonna lose Lily, Ava. They are gonna take my little girl away from me." He says, looking at me with panic filled eyes.

"No you're not, Kaden. Just tell me what's going on." I smile gently at him and cup his face in my hands.

"I don't want you to think badly of me." He shakes his head. "I don't want that, I can't have that." He tightens his hands a little around my waist.

"I'm not going to leave you." I reassure him.

"He made me so angry, baby. He was doing it on purpose." He strains out and then looks down at his hands, clenching and unclenching them. My eyes widen at how bloody his knuckles are.

"Kaden!" I panic and hold his hands. "What did you do?"

"Raymond, he was saying shit to get me angry and now he's gonna use this against me and get Lily taken away from me." He throws his head back in frustration. "I'm gonna lose everything. The shit I have done, you won't want to be with me."

"I'll help you, you're not going to lose Lily and whenever you're ready to tell me about your past I will still be here." I kiss him on the cheek. "Let's clean up your hands."

I get up and walk him over to the kitchen. He leans against the counter whilst I work on cleaning his wounds. "Where is my little girl?" He whispers.

"She's sleeping in my room." I quickly look up at him and see that he is staring down at me intensely. "She missed you a lot, took me a while to calm her down."

"I'm all she's really ever had." He gives a sad smile.

"She said she loved me." Kaden's eyes widen and then a large smile forms on his face.

"I don't blame her." He grins down at me. I look away shyly and continue cleaning his hands. "Look at me." I ignore him, he pulls his hands away and gently grabs hold of my chin, lifting my head up. I continue to avoid eye contact. "Look at me, Ava." He says sternly.

"What is it, Kaden?" I whisper, my heart starting to race at the way he is looking at me.

"You know I really care about you and I wouldn't intentionally try to hurt you." He reaches up and strokes my cheeks. "You mean so much to me."

"You mean a lot to me as well, Lily too." I grin, making his light eyes sparkle.

"I'm going to tell you something, promise to not get scared, I would never want to put you in danger." I frown but nod anyway.

"I've got an older brother, his name is Luciano." He sighs and then takes a deep breath. "Our family are not normal."

"Most families aren't, Kaden." I roll my eyes.

"Let me finish." He demands, lifting my head up again. "My family are involved in criminal activity." I frown and try to step back, looking at him funny.

"What are you talking about?" I whisper in shock. I was not expecting him to come out with something like this, his parents seemed so nice and sweet.

"My family are involved in the Mafia. My parent's not so much but my brother most definitely, being a Mafia Boss. I have not seen him in many years but Raymond knows what our family have been involved in and not only will he take away my little girl but I'll go to prison along with my brother."

"Have you killed anyone?" Is the first thing I say.

"What?! No!" He exclaims. "I tried to stay away as much as possible. Why do you think I have my construction business? I don't want my daughter to be brought up the way I was." He doesn't like the distance that has grown between us and pulls me back closer to him.

"How does Raymond know?"

"Lily's egg donor told him. I guess I thought I could trust her, I actually thought I could trust a junkie." He laughs to himself.

"You trust me?" I look up at him and he smiles.

"Of course." He grabs hold of both of my hands and kisses them. "How do you feel now that I've told you? I promise I am not a bad person and I would never hurt you." His eyes show slight fear and he pulls me impossibly closer to him. "Baby, say something." I just stare up at him dumbfounded.

"It's a lot to take in but I'm not going anytime soon." I smile and he smiles back. "I'll help you, no one is going to take Lily away from you."

"Okay, thank you Ava." He leans down and kisses my forehead.

"Are you staying round tonight?" I look at him with hopeful eyes, wanting to cuddle with him.

"Yes baby, lead the way." He holds his arm out and I turn all the lights off, locking the door and lead him to my room.

I smile when I see a sleeping Lily in the middle of the bed.

I climb into bed, already wearing my pyjamas, I smile when Lily cuddles up to me and rests her head on my chest. Kaden climbs in on the other side and reaches down to kiss me on the cheek.

I feel his arm wrap around me and he kisses lily on the forehead.

"I've got a surprise for you tomorrow." He whispers.

💛