ch. 19 - Double Vision

**Some of you will be upset with the turn the plot is taking, and for that I'm sorry. However, what happens is deeply intertwined with the rest of the plot, so please give it a chance before tearing the plot apart in the comments lol. Please enjoy this update!**

Roxie's POV

"Well, I have to go get ready for work. I'll see you guys later," Ivy sighed before hoisting herself off of our couch and giving us both hugs goodbye. "Don't get up to anything I wouldn't while I'm gone," she called out before shutting our front door behind her. I just smiled and shook my head before patting my thighs with the palms of my hands.

"Well, I'm gonna go to Milo's since he said he took the night off to do account stuff at home. I figured I'll bug him for the rest of the night. With that being said, you'll have this entire place all to yourself. I swear on everything that is holy, if I come back and find out you didn't invite that man over and take all that he offered, I'll kick your ass," I stated soundly, pinning her down with a single look. She just rolled her eyes and bit her lip before ushering me away.

I quickly changed into a comfortable pair of sweatpants-material shorts and a soft cotton t-shirt before slipping on some shoes and heading out. I waved goodbye to Khloe, yelling another reminder to call her man as I went.

The drive to Milo's apartment wasn't a long one seeing as his complex was only about ten minutes away, though the traffic was always rampant in the city. I got a few weird stares from the other residents leaving their places as I sauntered down the halls - somewhat lost - trying to find Milo's door. Good thing he thought to put Ivy, Khloe, and me on his list of allowed visitors or I wouldn't have even made it this far.

Finally stopping in front of the correct door, I proceeded to knock in the most obnoxious way that I could - Sheldon Cooper had nothing on me. A few of Milo's neighbors peeked out from their own apartments to see what all the commotion was. I just smiled sweetly and waved - all the while still knocking with one hand.

Milo's door swung open in one swift motion a few seconds later, catching me off guard.

"What the hell?" he hissed under his breath, meeting the stares of his curious neighbors with an apologetic smile before grasping my upper arm and dragging me into his apartment. I giggled at the exasperated look on his face.

"Khloe tried cockblocking herself tonight, so I did her a favor by leaving the apartment. I also might've texted Xander to come over on her phone right before I slipped out," I said with a mischievous grin. He just smirked while shaking his head.

"What would she do without you?" he asked sarcastically.

"Probably be getting a whole lot more dick, honestly," I remarked, that familiar feeling of guilt crawling back up once again.

"Well, either way, you did her a solid. She's been wound so tight lately, she needs a night just to let loose," he commented.

"Yeah, that's why you get the privilege of having me as your company for the rest of the night!" I exclaimed overdramatically.

"Yeah, yeah," he mumbled with a single roll of his eyes. I laughed before shoving him playfully.

"Truthfully, though, the reason I'm here is to draft a game plan for you and Candice," I explained. That caused him to stop in his tracks.

"Roxie, really, it's not your job-"

"To help you?" I cut him off. "Actually, you're wrong. As your best friend, it's most definitely part of the job description to help set you up with the woman you love. And I don't want to hear another word about it," I insisted when I saw him open his mouth to protest. He sighed in annoyance before quickly giving up.