Chapter One

A Month Earlier. (Narrator)

Kemi Adebayo, is a typical 25-year-old Yoruba woman that has been trained and infused with respect. She breaths respect, good conduct and was very hardworking. You could say she's going to be a good wife since she's getting married in a few weeks.

Filled with bliss, she turned on the shower as she sang joyfully to herself feeling like she was the only one on earth but, how wrong she was because just a few miles away was Adama.

Chizom Adama, popularly known as Ada. A 27-year-old woman from the eastern tribe, she is light skin and very beautiful. On seeing her, you would know immediately she was an Ibo girl.

On this particular morning though, she was more concerned about the project she had to present at work. Dressed in work slacks, a slip-on shoe and moderate makeup. She slid into her car and drove off. "Today was going to be a good day."

Aisha Mohammed, the girl with the Fulani beauty. Sad, was how she was feeling this morning. Baba had drop on her a big news that had shocked her more than she could imagine the night before.

Baba had informed her she was getting married, she should be happy because she was twenty-two and had finished her university education unlike the other girls that get married at ages of 15,16...

Her husband to be was a bachelor, a young man like baba said and not an old man looking for the fifth wife. She felt sad about breaking up with Usman, her boyfriend that she had been courting for over a year and although, they hadnt been thought of marriage yet. She was happy and contented with him. His acceptance, understanding for her respecting baba's wish and hurt was one she will never be able to forget. "A new beginning awaits."

Funnily, this three might seem to have a different story and be in different worlds but they are friends, closest of friend and Aisha might have been the youngest but it doesn't in any way affect their friendship and closeness.

*****

Ada knew she couldnt have asked for more at this particular point of her life as she rounded up her presentation. "And a product will never be sold out until a customer sees it's use." A smug look settled atop her face as she read the satisfied look on the face of her boss and the investors.

"That was such a wonderful presentation. Nice work." Mr Chibube, one of the investors said as he shook her hand complimenting her on a work well done, she smiled in return as everyone left the board room.

"That was so fantastic. I'm sure we got the deal." Mr Agbaje, her boss for over four years commented as he strolled back into the board room after seeing off the investors.

"We dont know that yet but thank you sir. Let's just hope for the best." Ada said.

"Of course, you can take the rest of the day off." he said still smiling.

"Ooh really, thank you so much sir." She packed up her belongings and walked out with Mr Agbaje behind her as he walked to the direction of his office and she, her car.

"Babes, how far?" She called one of her best friends, Kemi as she got behind the wheel and cooled her heels.

"I'm very well, what about you?" Kemi asked.

"I'm doing good, the presentation went very well."

"Yes!! Told you, you could do it. Are you coming over later?" Kemi asked.

"No, I'm coming over now. Boss said I could take the rest of the day off so I wanted to know if you are at the hotel or home.

"Yay!! We have to celebrate. I'm at the hotel and you can branch by Aishas to bring her along or just call her to come join us." Kemi said.